Feature request: Word count in web beta

Lucia S.

Idea

First off, I love Web Beta of Evernote!! It is my go to in my graduate studies and I couldn't live without it. However, I am constantly having to switch into desktop Evernote (which is not as fancy looking or smooth as the Beta, and I desperately await the upgrade there) to check my word count! As a student, I need to be able to access quickly how long the note is, whether this be a right-click option or in note info, I would love that.

Also, I'm sure this is a known issue but as notes get longer than one page it is terrible to type in the iPad/iPhone app!

Thanks!

3 replies to this idea

I second this. I'm also a huge fan of the new web interface. It's much cleaner and crisper which makes it a pleasant writing environment. Since it's a pleasant writing environment, a word count feature would make the writing experience even more pleasant.

However, I wouldn't want to clutter the super-simple interface. What do you think about adding word count to the info that appears when you click the i icon on the top of the screen?

Thirded. I enjoy using the Web Beta, but I find I need to return to the Windows client for word count (and notebook nesting - oh, I can do that in Web Beta now! Thanks so much!)

What do you think about adding word count to the info that appears when you click the i icon on the top of the screen?

I agree, this is where word count should be. I check there often to see if word count has been added. Hopefully we'll see it soon.

Archived