Feature request - Indent Buttons on iOS App Reversed

JPinterP

Idea

I love Evernote but there is one minor thing that drives me crazy - the indent buttons on the iOS app are reversed from the Windows version and also from Word and Google Docs.  Even this editor has the indent buttons in the correct order - right button increases the indent and the left button decreases the indent.  

The iOS app has the buttons reversed - right button decreases the indent and the left button increases indent.  Could you please swap the iOS app buttons to follow the other editors.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

7 replies to this idea

Hi Jeff, 

You're right about the iPhone app. Probably an oversight there... however, the iPad app boasts the "correct" logic.

Doesn't this drive you nuts  :blink:?... It's "Highly illogical" (Contextual pun intended): 

reversed%20indent.PNG?dl=1

• Level 5*

@Frank,  I couldn't read your screenshot.  Could you make it a little larger please?   :D

Stuff like this really makes one wonder if the Evernote UI design (on any platform) gets any serious review or usability testing by qualified personnel.

To be honest, I never really noticed it before on iPhone because I rarely use my phone for indenting... And to be fair on Evernote, I don't think this particular quirk has even been mentioned in the iOS Beta thread, where it may have otherwise been dealt with by now if brought up.

No worries, not being harsh on Evernote and it is a minor quirk because functionally everything works.  I just happen to hit it all the time because I like outlines and bulleted lists.

Being a software developer myself, I tend to stay away from beta releases :-)

--Jeff

You know what? As a recent user of the Android app and a big fan of this feature, such a worry makes me envious, because indention simply does not exist in the Android app, though it does in its Windows and iOS versions (which I have used for long). And if you try to edit notes with indented text on your Android device, there's a big risk you lose all indentations if not all formatting. Too bad for me and my 4000+ notes so formatted. There have been complaints about this problem for years on the Android section of the Forum, but Evernote has barely bothered to reply, the first year—which is why I post here, sorry guys.  I didn't know when I began using 'multi platform' Evernote that I would sign up for an iOS only app :huh:

Archived