Notes truncated in Evernote v 5.8.4...

TBerry

Notes not fully viewable.  More than half of the note section is cut off, unable to expand the note or scroll down it, no matter which view I try (List/Snippet/Card).  Window size doesn't matter, either. Content is intact, just can't see it.  Shows up fine on Android devices and on Web.

Running Evernote v5.8.4., WinVista, Premium account.  Used to work just fine.  Have been living with it for a while but am finding it really annoying.  What's more annoying: this applies to some, but not all, notes.  Love the app, but this is just plain frustrating.  Pic attached.post-238994-0-17616900-1426786980_thumb.

• Level 5

Does unchecking "Show Context" in Tools -> Options -> Context help at all? Another possible workaround is to simplify the note by pressing Ctrl+Space, although that can alter the look of the note. We're aware of the underlying issue, but hopefully one of these workarounds can help until it's addressed.

Does unchecking "Show Context" in Tools -> Options -> Context help at all? Another possible workaround is to simplify the note by pressing Ctrl+Space, although that can alter the look of the note. We're aware of the underlying issue, but hopefully one of these workarounds can help until it's addressed.

This did not work.  Running 5.8.4.6870 Evernote for windows on windows 7. Notes are from iphone evernote document mode picture.  So all my jounaled notes that I have capture are not readible as printed

• Level 5*

..and I'll contribute

• Doubleclick the note title in a View window to open it in its own window
  • Click in the note to select content and try to scroll down
  • Check connection speed (I had a note that took ages to load,  just because it was heavy on graphics)
  • Level 5*

@gaz,

If you are working of your local data base I'm not sure connection speed would have any impact on the note display, the note should be presented from data base on the PC, I think anyway.  Test would be to disconnect from the internet and see if the issue persists.  I've been wrong before...

• Level 5*

Connection speed does matter in some circumstances - if you clip a web page (as apparently was done here) in Firefox forinstance,  the copy winds up in the online database and has to sync back to the local machine.  If it's a graphics-heavy clip,  I've had notes take a little while to come up in full sometimes.

;) I wouldn't dream of commenting on your level of wrongness,  but yeah me too...

Thank you all for your input.  Unchecking the "Show Context" box under Tools/Options worked, so thank you, emerick.  Will also try the beta version... always up for an adventure!

To be more specific, my notes are handwritten notes taken in a journal which is then subsequently captured using evernote on an iphone 5 in document camera mode.  The journal pages display fine in Evernote for windows, but print preview and printing result in truncated (clipped) notes.  The same notes on evernote on an ipad air2 display AND print fine.  Something is obviously buggy with the windows version of evernote when printing these document captured within evernote notes.   The beta version did not solve this.  Image of clipped note attached.

post-252291-0-63874900-1427066012_thumb.

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same problem with Evernote Windows client 5.8.13.8152 in Windows 7 and Evernote Clipper 6.0.15. 

If I capture just the article vs simplified article vs full page vs selected text (click and drag & selecting entire article), I get different degrees of truncation in the Windows client. 

Now here's the wierd part: I see the full content in Evernote Web.  It's only the Windows client that is truncating display - apparently the entire content is there, it's just the display that is truncating and not accessible..  It doesn't matter whether I have clipper send the clipped note to the web then sync to windows client, or send to the Windows client then sync to web (clipper option), in either case the windows client is showing it truncated but Evernote web is showing full content. 

Checking other clients I have ...

Evernote for ios version 7.7.9 on an iPad is NOT truncating the notes - showing full content. 

Evernote for Mac version 6.0.16 is NOT truncating the notes- showing full content.

Evernote for Android version 5.8.5 is NOT truncating the notes- showing full content.

So, to recap:

Truncating note (on display only): Windows client

NOT truncating note: Web, Mac, IOS, Android clients.

Has anyone found a fix or workaround for this yet?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same truncated note problem which seems to occur most often when I clip YahooMail email messages; however, in most of these truncated notes I can scroll through the note within the small window.  BTW, the same e-mail message clips correctly from GMail.  Oddly, the clipper displays different clip options depending on the email system I'm using:  When clipping from YahooMail, the options are the standard options with any web page: Article, Simplified article, Full page, Bookmark, and Screenshot.  When cllipping from GMail, the options are:  Email, Screenshot.  Selecting "Email" clips the message perfectly into Evernote.  Can anyone explain why the clipper recognizes GMail messages as email but not YahooMail email messages?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Gmail and Yahoomail are rather complicated web pages with all sorts of codes and triggers built in - Evernote tries to copy the bits that you might find relevant,  but it's not always very effective on these more complicatedly coded pages.  Clipper will also probably display different options where you use Firefox rather than Chrome,  or any other browser of choice.  I'm sure Evernote will get around to bringing everything into line - just as soon as all the browser providers stop updating their code on a regular (and pretty frequent) basis...

Thanks for your insight.  I tried clipping the same Yahoo email message using Firefox, and it didn't work any better.  At this point the best workaround I know of is to use the Yahoo Mail  "Print" option to save the email as a pdf file:  Click on "More" then "Print" and a small window will open up.  Select "Print" again at the top of the window, and "Save as PDF."  The resulting pdf file can be dragged into an Evernote notebook, and it will display the email message perfectly.  

Interestingly, (assuming you have Adobe or a similar program) if you try to print the email message to a pdf file by simply right-clicking on the message and selecting "Print" then "Save as PDF", the resulting pdf file will look more like a screen shot of the entire page.  It will include Yahoo Mail's toolbar as well as your displayed Chrome bookmarks along with the email message; however, the pdf file will  be only one page long (that is, it will consist of only the first page of the email message regardless of how long the message is).

Archived