is there a windows evernote installer without the outlook plugin?

toadtech

The IT shop I work for would love to green light Evernote installs for all staff.  However, the mandatory Outlook plugin for Evernote is a dealbreaker.  Any Outlook plugin, even Microsoft's own, are notoriously difficult to support and it's a bad decision that Evernote made to make this plugin install mandatory.

Is there a Windows installer version that will not install the plugin?  I realize it can be disabled after the fact, but that doesn't help when trying to greenlight a program so that it can be automatically installed by all staff by a group policy rule.

The IT shop I work for would love to green light Evernote installs for all staff.  However, the mandatory Outlook plugin for Evernote is a dealbreaker.  Any Outlook plugin, even Microsoft's own, are notoriously difficult to support and it's a bad decision that Evernote made to make this plugin install mandatory.

Is there a Windows installer version that will not install the plugin?  I realize it can be disabled after the fact, but that doesn't help when trying to greenlight a program so that it can be automatically installed by all staff by a group policy rule.

AFAIK, no.

AFAIK, no.

Thanks for the response, even though it wasn't the one I hoped for, it's much appreciated!

@toadtech:  Can't you uninstall the Outlook plug-in after the fact?  

Yes, that is possible.  However, that's not something we necessary want to ask our staff to do every time Evernote is installed or updated.  My line of inquiry was more about nailing the Evernote install down so that all installs/updates would be as seamless as possible.  With tools like applocker/powerbroker/GP, this is definitely possible, but the mandatory Outlook plugin install is a no-go.  Which is too bad since Evernote is in most ways superior to OneNote from a technical/reliability/support standpoint.  I'm not suggesting we'll go back to OneNote though, OneNote is a non-starter because it can be so overloaded with data/pictures/videos etc that it becomes unstable and starts knocking out computers even infrastructure.

• Level 5*

Oh, I definitely agree with you that the Evernote install of the Outlook plug-in should be optional.

I was just thinking the uninstall might be a workaround for you until . . .

Archived