Evernote thinks I have over 250 notebooks when I have 2.

Hi all,

I just installed Evernote for the first time. I have exactly 2 notebooks. When I try to sync from the Windows client, it tells me "Sync failed because you have over 250 synchronized notebooks. You have 2 synchronized notebooks. Please delete some of the synchronized notebooks and try again."

I have tried:

* deleting all notebooks and syncing

* uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote

* uninstalling Evernote, downloading it from a different browser, and reinstalling

Seems like a bizarre problem. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks.

I'll update this thread if I find anything out. I submitted a support request but haven't heard anything back yet. I do have a free account (not terribly inclined to pay for it until this problem is resolved), so I'm not sure if my request will be supported.

• Level 5*

You should have received a ticket number for this. As you are having problems with accessing your account, that should be covered under free support, but note that anecdotal information implies that even premium users may not get contact with a human for several days (unless they use Premium Chat). But post your ticket number here, and we may be able to push it up the chain a bit.

I have the same problem. 

Get a dialogue box saying "Sync failed because you have more than 250 synchronized notebooks", "You have 244 synchronized notebooks. Please delete some of the synchronized notebooks and try again".

You should have received a ticket number for this. As you are having problems with accessing your account, that should be covered under free support, but note that anecdotal information implies that even premium users may not get contact with a human for several days (unless they use Premium Chat). But post your ticket number here, and we may be able to push it up the chain a bit.

#979238. 

Thanks. Didn't mean to come across as snarky in my previous comment; just explaining my Free user status and why.

Edit: I also sent in a log, as requested by the help desk. (The response to that is what I haven't heard back yet.)

• Level 5*

Thanks. Didn't mean to come across as snarky in my previous comment; just explaining my Free user status and why.

I detected no snark. The free version is out there, and you can pay for it or not as you prefer. One of the downsides of not being premium is that you don't get much in the way of official support, but there are some situations where you should be getting that support, and I think that account access is one of them, if I read gbarry's post correctly.

Hi.

Thanks for the update.

Tried the suggested fix this morning and I got an error message "Unable to create notebook. It would exceed the limit of 250 notebooks."

I have recently downgraded from premium to the free service. However I only have 230ish notebooks.

Cheers,

Jason

Hi.

Thanks for the update.

Tried the suggested fix this morning and I got an error message "Unable to create notebook. It would exceed the limit of 250 notebooks."

I have recently downgraded from premium to the free service. However I only have 230ish notebooks.

Cheers,

Jason

Tried a different approach. Counted the number of notebooks in my web client. It was > 250.

Deleted enough to get below 250 and allow me to add a new notebook again via web client.

Synced with Windows desktop client ok (the one I was previously having problems with.

Seems like this has done the trick. Will try with my Mac client when I get home from work later today.

Thanks for everyone's help and comments. I would be lost without my notebooks!!! :-)

Try creating a new notebook on your web client. This should hopefully resolve the sync conflict that you are receiving. 

Let us know if you have continued issues after this :)

Totally worked. Thanks so much! Overall very impressed with both the client and with the level of support here. 

• 3 months later...

Try creating a new notebook on your web client. This should hopefully resolve the sync conflict that you are receiving. 

Let us know if you have continued issues after this :)

Like others, I had less than 250 notebooks (though recently had more and consolidated), but was getting "Not able to sync with 244 notebooks" error message. I tried creating a NEW notebook as suggested on the forum here many times and wasn't allowed, nor did I even get an error message, that the other day on the web client I DID get- strange by itself. However, I had a Notebook with just one note in it, so using the web client I moved that note elsewhere and DELETED that one notebook, went back to the Windows client and it appears to be sync'ing fine now. Who knows?

• 3 weeks later...

I dont understand above suggesting to create a new notebook on my web client. What does this mean ? Very frustrated with this same problem not being able to sync. First I was not aware there was a limit of 250 notebooks. I set this up for business. Now I have to figure out another way to deal with this. Now it wont sync, saying it has more then 250 and it doesnt, Underneath it says it has 230. So its definately not overloaded and I do not understand what this web client thing means in order to fix the problem. I recently updated it. Was there bugs in update ? 

I thought I would start replacing using Tags, but when I type a note, it does not stay, so I have become frustrated. 

Any help, would be great 

:)

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I tried going to the web version and adding a notebook. Didn't work at first. I closed my desktop client (that I had just erased about 10 notebooks in but wouldn't sync). Went back to the web version and deleted the same 10 notebooks online that I did on the desktop version. I'm at about 225 notebooks now.

Logged out. 

Reopened desktop EN. Synced. Worked.

Archived