Creating a local notebook: help or bug?

Grant837

Idea

Hi, When creating a new notebook using the menu, you get the option to create a local notebook.  Using shortcuts, or right click does not give you this option and creates an online notebook.  

Maybe I am doing someting wrong, and would like to hear

If this how it does work, of course I can try to remember this minor querk, but if I forget, then I can not change an online notebook back to local, which seems unhandy too.

Maybe I should send a bug request, or should I enter a feature request and will they react to that?

Thanks,

Grant

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

In the the latest version (6.8.4.xxx), it looks like these are separate operations now -- you used to be able to create a new notebook as local before via a checkbox on the Create Notebook dialog, if I recall directly..  The menu item for New Notebook gives you two options: Create Notebook... (this is for normal, synced notebooks only), and Create Local Notebook... (for local notebooks). The shortcut Ctrl+Shift+N references synced notebooks (you can see it on the matching menu entry); creating local notebooks appears to have no shortcut. Looks like there's no entry for creating a local notebook in the right click menus. That might be an oversight, or intentional (I'd guess the former). I'm also guessing that they made the change to make the distinction between local and syncable notebooks more explicit, since you can't change from one type to the other; if so, that part of things makes sense to me.

You can open a support request for this on your own if you want; in the mean time, I'll move this to the "Product Feedback" forum, as that seems a more appropriate location.

Archived