How Do I Organize My Kindle Highlights from One Book?

I'm pretty new at Evernote, so I apologize if this has been answered before.  I have pasted all the Kindle highlights from one book to my Notebook.  Now I would like to create different categories and place highlights into their respective category.

In my case, I am reading a book about the history of the Church of Scientology (Going Clear) and I would like to take my highlights and place each individual highlight into a category that the highlight refers to.  I want to create categories like, "Church of Scientology Facts", "L Ron Hubbard", "Celebrity Members", etc. and paste (or tag) each highlight to the category that best matches it.

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*

Just put each Kindle highlight into a separate EN Note.  Then assign the Tag you want to the Note.

I would recommend short, one-word Tags.   This will make it much easier to select tags and search later on.

For Example, instead of "Church of Scientology Facts", I would create/use "CoS.Facts"

I'm guess you will likely have a lot of highlights/tags that are CoS related.  You can start them all with the prefix "CoS." and then just add a short word.

Evernote looks at text separated by a period (".") as ONE word.

So when you go to assign a tag that is already created, if you just type "cos." Evernote will show you a drop-down list of only those tags that begin with "CoS".

Works great for the Tag Filter as well.

• 3 months later...
  • Level 5*

Try this Chrome Extension - it automatically syncs your Kindle Notes / Highlights with your Evernote.  It creates a folder called 'book notes' and then each book is a file within that folder with all your notes / highlights in it!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kindle-to-evernote/pladggfjokblfifapjnjgbjaknfmmpga?hl=en-US

This sounds great, but I'd like more info and examples before I buy.

If you are the developer of this extension, maybe you could post more details and examples on your web site.

Try this Chrome Extension - it automatically syncs your Kindle Notes / Highlights with your Evernote.  It creates a folder called 'book notes' and then each book is a file within that folder with all your notes / highlights in it!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kindle-to-evernote/pladggfjokblfifapjnjgbjaknfmmpga?hl=en-US

This sounds great, but I'd like more info and examples before I buy.

If you are the developer of this extension, maybe you could post more details and examples on your web site.

I agree. I am also less than sure if this is worth it to me.  I'd far rather flat out buy an app or extension like this.

Archived