I merged 19 notes into one thinking I could get a reasonable format to print out. Turns out it puts all notes with a picture on a separate page. I didn't want that, so I want them back in their original format. Can anyone help? 

The originals should be in your Trash.

• Like 2

The fact that they go into your trash according to the deletion order makes fishing them out a little less dirty  :)

Hello

I merged the notes, but DO NOT see them in trash...Other fixes?

What device are you looking in your trash on? Mac, Windows, iOS, Android? Have you checked in your trash on the web client? The typical behavior would be that when you merge notes, the individual notes go to trash. Did you perhaps purge/ empty your trash notebook subsequent to merging? 

• Like 1

hello frank.dg...I am on an IMAC...I have not emptied or done anything like that

hello frank.dg...I am on an IMAC...I have not emptied or done anything like that

He is talking about the Evernote Trash, not the Mac Trash.

Have you looked in the EN Trash, at the bottom of the Notebook list?

The original Notes that were merged should definitely be there, until/unless you have emptied the EN Trash.

• Like 2

I have merges 20 notes, they are not in the trash on evernote or on the website log in trash either... what the hell? I am on a Mac. Can any one help, you cant use a table of content when merged... 

If the twenty notes aren't in the trash, the only options can think of are to either copy/paste from the merged note back to the originals, or create 20 copies of the merged note and edit those back to the originals. 

Don't get why the merged notes weren't in the trash though, they should have been.  Sure you didn't empty the trash at some point?  if not you could submit a bug report to EN.

• Like 1

why cant anybody at evernote think about "unmerge" option? merged files are NOT in any trash. it is just a single document, messed up.

• Like 2