Date Format

Scottie1

How do I change the default date format from the (crazy) US month/day/year to the UK/European format of day/month/year?  I am using Evernote on 2 Windows 7 PCs and the problem persists on both of them even after temporarily changing (and later changing back) the short date format in Control Panel.  Apart from these brief periods, both PCs have always displayed the UK format in the taskbar (bottom right hand corner of the screen) since W7 was installed.

• Level 5*

Evernote uses the Windows date / time settings, as far as I know. That's something I've verified in the past. Windows Control Panel / Clock, Language, and Region --> on the Formats tab, look at the Short/Long Date/Time settings

I'd suggest that you completely shut down Evernote via File / Exit, make the change, and then start it back up again.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, jefito, for your reply.  My apologies for not replying sooner.  I realised only after submitting my query that there are 2 different versions of Evernote: Evernote web version and Evernote Desktop, which is installed on the actual computer.  My desktop version (Windows 7) has adopted the UK date and time settings used by my PC and, when I checked my smartphone, it's now using the UK format as well!  Thanks again for your help.

Archived