Soft default order

Gretch

I just started using Evernote and would like it to display my notes in normal alphabetical order.  Yet, each time I open it up on the desktop, it displays in reverse alphabetical order and I have to change it.  I would have thought it would open in normal alphabetical order the next time I opened it, since it was in  normal alphabetical order when I closed it, but that is not the case.  How can I change the sort default order to Normal Alphabetical Order?

TIA,

Gretch1

• Level 5*

Windows? Mac? Android? iOS? Web?

In the Windows client, you should be able to set and forget the default sort order, but sometimes it's not sticky. Try setting it to what you want, and then completely exiting Evernote using File / Exit, and then restarting it.

Wow, that appears to have worked!  I always closed it with the X in the upper right hand corner, not File/Exit.  Thank you, jefito.  And I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thank you again.

Gretch

• Level 5*

The 'X' in the upper right-hand corner closes down the Evernote client window, but leaves Evernote running in the background, so that its screen clipping and other facilities are still available. File / Exit kills the whole thing. A lot of people bump their knees on that little fact. Glad it helped.

Archived