RFE: please number the occurrences of text found with search within a note

RobLewis

Idea

When I search for text within a note, Evernote helpfully tells me how many occurrences of the text it found. 

But, maddeningly, it doesn't tell me which occurrence is currently highlighted! 

I wish it behaved like some programs, which highlight all found occurrences in one color, except for the currently selected occurrence, which is highlighted in a different color. 

Clicking the "forward" and "backward" arrows should highlight the following or preceding occurrence, and change the number appropriately. On the search line, instead of saying just "27 matches", it should say "Match 11 of 27". 

It is very frustrating to see a found occurrence and have no idea whether it is near the beginning or the end of the note (and yes, I know the scroll bar gives some indication, but you can do better). 

I'm aware that many other programs behave the same way that Evernote currently does. But this is an annoyance wherever it occurs! 

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

What version of EN Mac are you running?

In EN Mac 6.0.6 running in Mavericks, EN highlights the current occurrence in a wider/bolder outline than the others, starting at the top.  As I hit RETURN it moves to the next occurrence, and auto-scrolls down the page as needed.

Are you not seeing this?

What version of EN Mac are you running?

In EN Mac 6.0.6 running in Mavericks, EN highlights the current occurrence in a wider/bolder outline than the others, starting at the top.  As I hit RETURN it moves to the next occurrence, and auto-scrolls down the page as needed.

Are you not seeing this?

Yes, I see it but it is rather subtle and does not address my main point, which is that the currently-selected occurrence should have its corresponding number displayed, as in "Match 13 of 27". 

Archived