Unwanted stacks

BruceVa

• Level 5*

How is it creating unwanted stacks? What, specifically, are you doing?

You should note that notes cannot be moved into stacks; they can only be moved into notebooks. Only notebooks can be members of stacks.

Terminology problem..sorry.  I have a list of notebooks and ocassionally Evernote moves some notebooks into stacks.  The only thing I do is move a note into the appropriate notebook after capturing it using the 'move note' command?  Other than the syncing, I do nothing to them.

Thx Jeff.

I can assure you that I don't drag notebooks anywhere....the only activity vis-a-vis notebooks is to create one and move notes into one.  Or sync them as noted earlier...and my hand is not on that process.

It might be more helpful to request some additional input from me when it happens to perhaps better understand the conditons under which it happens.

Bruce

I can assure you that I don't drag notebooks anywhere....the only activity vis-a-vis notebooks is to create one and move notes into one.  Or sync them as noted earlier...and my hand is not on that process.

It might be more helpful to request some additional input from me when it happens to perhaps better understand the conditons under which it happens.

Bruce

I'm pretty sure it's you accidentally dragging one notebook onto another. That's one way stacks are created. I don't need any "additional input" from you to know this. As I said, Evernote does not randomly create stacks.

• Level 5*

Bruce

Well, I would pay special attention to what you had just done the next time a stack appears.  If you aren't dragging one notebook onto another you have found a bug.  

As BNF states, the only way to create stacks is the notebook drag/drop method.  I've accidentally created a stack myself, unbeknownst to me.

Archived