IFTTT becomes "IF" and "DO"

gazumped

• Level 5*

In a move that I'd guess will please GTD fans and many others,  IFTTT has changed its name to IF (what - the original name was too hard to spell?) and has introduced three new apps for iOS and 'Droid - Do Button,  Do Note and Do Camera all of which (it seems to me) "do" pretty much the same thing;  connect your icon to an IF(TTT) recipe which takes an action / a picture / creates a note any of which can be related to Evernote,  or any other app or device you can control from your phone.

Now being devoutly lazy I can already imagine one non-Evernote use for this.  I can control my DSLR camera from my smartphone - provided I remember to disconnect wifi,  start the app and connect to the camera;  actions which usually require some inventive vulgarity before I manage to complete everything in the right order,  under some time pressure,  without dropping anything expensive.  If IF can 'do' any part of this with a tap I'll be a happy(er) person,  not least because I managed to -vaguely- pun that particular comment. 

It will also mean that I can add a pic to Evernote,  save a 'to-do' and jump to a note without too much effort. 

Some of that is possible through Evernote's existing widgets,  but I'd like to see if IF might be able to DO it quicker and more easily. 

Sorry.  I'll stop now.

http://blog.ifttt.com/post/111467477713/introducing-do-a-new-class-of-apps-by-ifttt

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Hi.  AFAIK IFTTT isn't location aware,  but other apps are - search "location aware reminders Android" (without the quotes and with your OS of choice) for some suggestions.  Some of them may overlap with IFTTT and Evernote,  or the app may be sufficient on its own.

Hi.  AFAIK IFTTT isn't location aware,  but other apps are - search "location aware reminders Android" (without the quotes and with your OS of choice) for some suggestions.  Some of them may overlap with IFTTT and Evernote,  or the app may be sufficient on its own.

Thank you for the response sir. I will put your response in my evernote and tag it "gentleman and a scholar"

• gbarry unpinned this topic

Archived