install geeknote

Hi,

I want to install this tools to use in Terminal evernote and wrote from Vim.

http://www.geeknote.me/install/

python setup.py testzsh: correct 'test' to 'tests' [nyae]? n/Applications/MAMP/Library/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-12.3-py2.7.egg/setuptools/dist.py:282: UserWarning: Normalizing '0.2a' to '0.2a0'running testrunning egg_infowriting requirements to geeknote.egg-info/requires.txterror: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'geeknote.egg-info/requires.txt'

Thank you

artot.net

• 3 months later...

I use geeknote on Mac and Linux. Do you want to create and edit your evernotes with Markdown? Have heading support — i.e., semantic notes — as well as foldable text, a la vim folding? Oh yea, vim and markdown — fast, sematic outlining, or expressed as narrative if you'd like. Yea, it's awesome. Geeknote makes evernote sing — but it's not for those afraid of getting their hands dirty with the command line. I lack the interest in getting it running on Windows, but it should be possible. You're not limited to vim, either, if you prefer emacs, sublime (cli) or what have you. Each graphical editor might have it's own switch to pause the command line and wait for you to save and close your editor. On MacVim, it's -f which I presume works for gvim as well.

On my system I'm using brew's python, not Mac, running 2.7.10. I believe you'll be able to install geeknote if you prefix your command with 'sudo' (which requires your account's password)

Also, since this thread is old, rerun the git clone command or pull the updated code. There's been at least 2 signficant authentication updates since March.

Archived