Hyperlink limit?

RL7836

For the past few years, I've used a note titled 'Misc' to host small tidbits of info that really don't fit elsehere. Naturally, this note has a number of hyperlinks (~84)

Recently, I went through the process to add another hyperlink & when I was done, I noticed that it didn't take (there was no hyperlink). I tried a few more times & none took. I also noticed that the last few hyperlinks I added did not take - aaargh. I then went to another note & added the hyperlink without an issue.

I created a support request ~3 weeks ago but have heard nothing back. I've searched in Evernote online help & here in the forums & have found nothing about a hyperlink limit within a note. Is there a limit to the number of links I can place within a note?

- Windows 7 Pro

- Evernote 5.8.3.6507 (274507)

• Level 5*

Hi.  I don't recall anything about a hyperlink limit either.  And if there were,  ~84 seems like an odd number to choose.  Has that note gotten big?  You might be hitting the note-size limit,  or maybe your monthly upload limit...

Hi.  I don't recall anything about a hyperlink limit either.  And if there were,  ~84 seems like an odd number to choose.  Has that note gotten big?  You might be hitting the note-size limit,  or maybe your monthly upload limit...

Note is not that large - I have many other much larger ones. Articles clipped with Evernote are probably 5-10 times larger. I just checked my monthly upload limit - with one day left in cycle, I'm barely even registering (1% of max limit).

I'm disappointed that Evernote support have never responded. I sent a follow-up email after ~2 weeks --- crickets.

• Level 5*

I guess it could always just be that the original note was amended so many times it got corrupted in some way - could you copy all the content to a new note,  and try adding that link again too?

Support seem to move at their own speed these days - and they may be triaging faults so 'lost data' issues get fixed first,  'my hyperlink won't save' coming well down the list somewhere.  If you can post your support ticket number here we can maybe get one of the forum admins to have a look into it...

Good call on the corruption. I copied the contents & created a new note & was then able to add new hyperlinks. Hopefully this isn't saying something bad about the status of my entire Evernote database.

My ticket: 952485

• Level 5*

Nah.  I'd bet copying and pasting hyperlinks somehow included some code that didn't sit well with the syncing process on this note.  Shouldn't worry about it - but I would suggest you keep a regular backup of your database folder...

• Ex Employees

Good call on the corruption. I copied the contents & created a new note & was then able to add new hyperlinks. Hopefully this isn't saying something bad about the status of my entire Evernote database.

My ticket: 952485

Sorry for the delay.

Happy to see that Gazumped was able to help find a resolution for you! I've escalated the ticket in the queue for the support team to further invest why the note became corrupted in the first place. 

Archived