Is there a way to automatically see the content of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents?

Uploading PDF documents automatically displays them in in-line mode where the content of the document is visible automatically. Is it possible to do the same with other documents, especially Apple Pages, Numbers, and Keynote without the need to click the 'Quick Preview' icon?

Thank you for any tips!

• Level 5*

The document types that Evernote can show in line are baked into the main app,  so there aren't any tips available AFAIK.  Don't know whether there's any movement towards extending the list either;  sorry..

PDF is not the only format you can see inline. 

Old iWork documents show inline just like pdfs.

The newer Pages and Numbers documents will also show, but for some reason the inline previews are always blurry. Quick Look produces a much clearer view. I assume that Keynote is the same, though I don't have any of these.

You can set these documents to automatically show the preview by right clicking and selecting "view inline." It should stay that way, unless you change the setting to "view as attachment."  

Hope I have understood your question properly. 

In other words: PDF is the only format @ this stage that is shown in-line.

Well, images, too.

You are right. I was thinking in terms of documents since that is what the OP talked about. He/she also talked about Apple, which is why I did not mention iWorks, as pointed out by Ursula. All-in-all, though, a limited range.

• Level 5*

Uploading PDF documents automatically displays them in in-line mode where the content of the document is visible automatically. Is it possible to do the same with other documents, especially Apple Pages, Numbers, and Keynote without the need to click the 'Quick Preview' icon?

Thank you for any tips!

If you are a Premium account owner, EN Mac supports view inline and search of:

• MS Office Docs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
  • Apple iWork Docs (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)

There were some issues when Apple changed the iWork file type to .zip, but I've seen some reports this has been fixed.

Since I don't use any of those Apple apps, I can't confirm this.

Probably the best way to find out is to test it.

• 9 months later...

*SOLVED* I could not figure this out for the longest time, but the Pages and Numbers files would not show the preview, just a zipped version. I just now discovered that it has to do with the Advanced file type setting. In Pages (or Numbers) go to File > Advanced > Change File Type > Single File. Everything shows great now.

• Level 5*
On 12/15/2015 at 1:15 PM, wolf4jc said:

*SOLVED* I could not figure this out for the longest time, but the Pages and Numbers files would not show the preview, just a zipped version. I just now discovered that it has to do with the Advanced file type setting. In Pages (or Numbers) go to File > Advanced > Change File Type > Single File. Everything shows great now.

@gbarry:  This is a HUGE discovery.  Please ask your documentation team to add it to the Evernote Help site.

• 4 months later...

Anyone has any idea for windows users on this issue? As i wrote in another thread:

" ATM i need to convert all docs manually to OCRed PDF(And the inline viewer has some issues too, like the missing scrolling by mouse wheel + Keyboard)  and RTF (which is editable, but kills complex text and table styles).. "

UPDATE: I just discovered, that HTML is also viewing inline on windows. And Word can export to HTML (at least my 2016 version, i dunno about others), while saving even complex text layout, images and tables. So if anyone has this issue too (And i think many of us do), then HTML is the way to go ATM.

Anyway, as i said in the other thread, i would pay extra for this feature.. 
Maybe a voting system or crowd funding for new features would be a cool idea..

Until then, we can still hope.. ;)

Archived