What has happened to Beta releases?

Glennie

Idea

Nothing for over a month now.

Of course, the team at Evernote are perfectly within their rights to take as long as they like. 

They are running a business, not a charity.

But still and all I think that, from a PR perspective, Evernote should be making an effort to keep us a little better informed.

We inform the team of bugs etc. - some of which are causing us real difficulties daily -  and then have no idea if there will be response in the near future.

What about some indication of what is in the pipeline?

End of gripe.  :) 

13 replies to this idea

10 hours down the line and no response from anyone in the Evernote team....

Not that I am the most important user in the world but, assuming that they keep an eye on what is happening here, why not at least post a couple of words in response? ... Just to let us know that we are not forgotten.

Your guess is as good as mine....  :blink:

Yes it's remarkable. Incomprehensible.

I mean, somebody from the Evernote team could write to us while on the john. We are talking about 30 seconds dedicated to developer-user relations. 

Just a little gesture towards those who come on hear to post about bugs that are messing with the product. A wave, a wink ...anything!

But no ... the silence of the grave. 

This should go down as one of those "How not to..." examples for classes on PR and customer relations.

"The trick is to pay lots of attention to users and then, mysteriously, to pay no attention whatsoever for an extended period of time, for no obvious reason..."

Meanwhile, as I posted in the middle of January, while teaching classes of 30 rowdy students using Evernote, every time I move a text written in size 24 to a blank space, it changes to size 12. Marvelous. The kids love it!

Evernote sure won't be asking me to star in one of those "Evernote made me the success I am today videos". Well, Evernote, Mom and Dad, and Miss Blinks who taught me math in 4th grade... :)

• Level 5*

It's the weekend, give them a break.

I agree that if they want to use people as free QA that they should in turn be communicative but they are also entitled to not work at weekend.

Maybe they aren't saying anything because there isn't anything to say?

If you are not happy then it's easy to switch back to the current production app.

This is not a product support forum - this is an _user_ -forum means: help from user to user. If any member of the forum has an idea, so he'll write. If no member has an idea .. nothing will happen. So what? Sometimes a staff member writes something. Sometimes. The official way for company support is not this forum - the offical way is to open a support ticket.

Although there have been messages from Evernote staff here in the past, maybe I am actually wrong to expect more communications from them here, this being user to user.

In which case I stand corrected.

Truth is, it is not support I am after. Requesting that would not be justified.

It is more a case of the desire to receive a little (and i do mean little) information.

Well maybe not even that, more like the need to hear a bleep from distant Mission Control, a sign. 

It gets lonely out here. :)

I am the premium user of EN.

I sent official ticket to EN support with question ... I've got no reply yet. 

I think taht Evernote is great product but ... I am not happy with thair support. 

Sorry to hear that Suky. I hope you get your reply.

Good support (like good after-sales service) is fundamental, isn't it?

We tend to give a lot of word of mouth recommendations about companies that do a good job of looking after us.

Last year I spent quite a long time detailing some bugs affecting the old version. Some of them were quite serious.

I was thanked for my efforts and the bugs were confirmed as being bugs. The engineers would be informed.

As both the bugs in questions were seriously affecting my work I requested that the person I was writing to let me know once the problem had been sorted.

It was pretty clear from the reply that that was unlikely to happen. 

Sometimes it's those little details that make a company special.

Apologies for the delay everyone. We continue to do releases every week, but unfortunately we're doing a lot of behinds the scenes work these days for some bigger features in the Beta down the line.  Stay tuned and thanks for your patience. We have a minor update today that I will post about shortly.

I am the premium user of EN.

I sent official ticket to EN support with question ... I've got no reply yet. 

I think taht Evernote is great product but ... I am not happy with thair support. 

Hi Suky, 

Is there anything we can help with? Please feel free to follow up with me via private message and I can try to find the right person for you.

Archived