Can you tag specific parts of a note?

Hi

Hoping you could help me be a little more productive. My evernote overflows with notes and I often find myself searching back through tags to try and find an article I was looking at in a topic or a collection.

I have find mohiomap which creates a mindmap of tags from evernote or drive etc. this still doesn't achieve what I want and maybe  its not possible.

But is it possible to tag not only the clips from the clipper and my notes but to also highlight a paragraph or sub section of an article and create a tag for it. The 'compile' the tags to a new notebook/collection. Essentially create a combined book of my research into a topic with links to full reference articles.

Is that possible?

Sayth

• Level 5*

No, tags are applied at the note level only.

As a workaround, you can utilize the search engine of EN by inserting something like _Tagname in the body of the note prior or after the highlighted text. The underscore is a special character for which EN will search, and as such should make the faux tag unique. Sometimes the cursor will be positioned at the phrase after the search, sometimes not (which is weird though I think it relates to forwarded email). At which point a search within the text will get you there. FWIW.

Another type of workaround is to add an "x" (or a "v") at the end of a word in the body of a note. Not many words in English end with those letters. And if you choose the same word to add that special letter to, you create a type of "tag", which you can use in your searches. I use this system & find it quite helpful.

Hi

Hoping you could help me be a little more productive. My evernote overflows with notes and I often find myself searching back through tags to try and find an article I was looking at in a topic or a collection.

I have find mohiomap which creates a mindmap of tags from evernote or drive etc. this still doesn't achieve what I want and maybe  its not possible.

But is it possible to tag not only the clips from the clipper and my notes but to also highlight a paragraph or sub section of an article and create a tag for it. The 'compile' the tags to a new notebook/collection. Essentially create a combined book of my research into a topic with links to full reference articles.

Is that possible?

Sayth

If my memory serves me well, this has been requested already. No one knows what Evernote's development priorities are though.

So should this be a feature request. I like the workarounds but having a formal implementation of this seems like a basic feature evernote should have as every topic has a subtopic to group together.

If my memory serves me well, this has been requested already. No one knows what Evernote's development priorities are though.

So should this be a feature request. I like the workarounds but having a formal implementation of this seems like a basic feature evernote should have as every topic has a subtopic to group together.

They seem to be leaving themselves wide open to the competition some basic features not implemented.

They seem to be leaving themselves wide open to the competition some basic features not implemented.

They do indeed, but that is what the market mechanism is all about. Anyway, there are many threads on this forum about feature requests, users' frustrations, criticisms about Evernote, ....

Each & everyone of us should judge for themselves whether what they are getting out of Evernote is still acceptable or if an alternative is warranted. I personally do not get worked up about the offer of new features I don't want: I just don't use them & turn them off. And what I use Evernote for is not affected by bugs.

I don't try to use Evernote anymore what it was not designed for, like I used to. The features I use Evernote for today are excellent as far as I am concerned. Having said that, I am aware of its shortcomings, which means I am now using 3 different note-taking apps incl. Evernote, and I am quite content that way.

Archived