(Archived) Mac Desktop client corruption

CityIsland

Idea

Help! I was testing a well-known iPhone app called "Awesome Note" which purports to synch to Evernote. I synched a few notes and then deleted them individually. Now my Mac desktop Evernote client doesn't show any notes, keeps popping up "Multiple Validation errors occurred" and sometimes pops up "evernote.sql couldn't load." Dead in the water.

I deleted the Evernote desktop app and reinstalled from a fresh download, and the same situation exists. All my Evernote notes are still intact on the iPhone and the web-based Evernote.

Are there any other Evernote files to delete or clean in order to reinstall the Mac desktop?

Thanks.

7 replies to this idea

If you have some important unsynced notes, be sure to read the directions at the end of this email to safeguard your information. Otherwise please try the following:

Please try moving your Evernote database directory so that Evernote will regenerate a new local database by copying your notes back down from the service. To do this:

Quit Evernote.

In the finder, open the "Library" folder in your home directory. (This is in the directory with your name, NOT at the top level of your hard drive.)

Navigate to "Application Support"

Move the "Evernote" directory from that location to a different place (like the desktop)

Start Evernote, provide your username and password again if needed

This will synchronize all of your notes from the service and create a new local database.

*If you do have some unsynchronized notes, you can go to the Note List view, sort by the "Sync" column, and export any notes that have a * in that column to .enex format before following the above instructions. Once those instructions are finished, you can then import the .enex files you created to restore these exported notes.

Thanks,

Evernote Support

If your account looks fine and you have all of your notes, you can delete that old version that you dragged away. That was just an emergency backup if the process didn't work for you.

We don't review the internal code of third party applications, so can't guarantee that they'll work correctly, although I've heard others who've said that AwesomeNote works well for them, and I don't think there's anything that it should be able to do that would have corrupted your mac datatabase files like that.

Dave,

I just used an apple script that I found in a forum to copy my notes from my Apple Mail application to Evernote. It appeared that the notes were in Evernote on my desktop client but I kept getting the message "Multiple validation errors occurred." After I closed Evernote and moved the Evernote, application support file onto the desktop, as you suggested and then reopened Evernote, all my notes were gone. I synced the notes again and am getting the same message.

Of course, I have multiple backups of my notes on the Apple side but I'd like to get my notes into Evernote, sans error of course.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Ethan

I am having difficulty syncing Evernote and Awesome notes. Every time I try to sync I get the message "An error has occurred while syncing with Evernote. Please check the internet connection and try again later. The Evernote server may be temporarily unavailable." I do have a connection to the internet and what I have entered into my desktop application is synced to the web; however, the notes I entered into Awesome notes and is not syncing nor are the notes I entered into the desktop Evernote syncing with Awesome Notes. I tried moving the library but that did not solve my problem.

Hi:

I have now tried the newest beta version of Evernote and tried everything suggested in this thread. I still get the message: "multiple validation errors occurred." For more detailed information about the steps I took prior to installing the newest beta version, please see my previous post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ethan

Archived