Where Did Text Formatting Toolbar Go?

You know, the "Bold, Italic, Underline, Font, Size, Bulleted List, Number List, etc." buttons ... They are gone from my client interface? I cannot find a way to bring them back.

EVERnooooote. What Have You done?

*taps foot and looks at Evernote over his glasses* :(

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The text formatting icons will automatically disappear each time you click in the title area and then return when you click in the body area of the note. It is not a very obvious UI.

• Level 5*

The UI doesn't bother me because it's there when the note has focus, and when it doesn't, useful note information is displayed in its place.

Usually.

A few times, I've had it disappear when the note had focus. No problem to remedy -- tap on the note in the note list, and tap back on the note body. But weird, and I couldn't replicate it.

• Level 5*

The UI doesn't bother me because it's there when the note has focus, and when it doesn't, useful note information is displayed in its place.

Usually.

A few times, I've had it disappear when the note had focus. No problem to remedy -- tap on the note in the note list, and tap back on the note body. But weird, and I couldn't replicate it.

Yeah, happened to me with regularity, particularly if the note title has scrolled up.  And only if I want to highlight something of course.   :rolleyes:

But then I did the registry edit to get Show Editing Toolbar in the View menu and now the editing toolbar stays in place and I use the info button for note info.

Edit:  Here is that thread - https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/81338-how-can-i-directly-add-hyperlink-to-a-note-in-the-toolbar/?p=345082

Edited by csihilling
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this is a bug introduced in the past few days, this has been happening recently and it's really annoying. The only workaround I've found is refreshing the browser but eventually this will happen again. Note: All of my browser extensions have been disabled

• 9 months later...