bobc

Original, non-beta, was much better

Idea

Original, non-beta, was much better -- just one example: how do you display the tag hierarchy?

Other than that, it is visually primative and kludgy (sp?).

6 replies to this idea

I find material design for tablets and phones fine; however, on my 24" monitor I want details not white space. What is the rational to push more and more white space on websites...just annoying. I do read Evernote a lot on my Nexus 7, and phone, find the format fine for this use. However, I do the vast majority of my serious Evernote work (adding, editing) on my desktop via the Windows client and more recently on the current web format. There always should be a choice to to have a more dense design.

PLEASE, PLEASE do not do ever discontinue the current dense web design. 

THX!!

Chirs

I agree. The web beta is terrible. The layout of the original is much better. Hope they don't discontinue it. 

I completely agree about all of the excess white space on any kind of desktop monitor.  It is a bit absurd.  Maybe it could be designed so that there is a toggle for a "compressed" layout in the web viewer that doesn't look and feel so cartoonish and meant for kintergardeners (big fat crayons vs. standard crayons)

Had to go back to the non-beta! My eyes are not that bad! Everything is HUGE! I need to look at a lot of lists with a lot of notes and notebooks and tags. Also, what happened to the merge? Really need the merge, use it almost daily!

Thank you for the feedback. We will take this into consideration as we evaluate improvements to the Beta. 

- Nancy