Every Note in any Business Notebook is shared to a "Vault Account"

Hi everybody, 

We use Evernote Business on the Mac with the Client Version 6.0.6

Since about two weeks we are experiencing a irritating issue. Everytime I (or anybody else) creates a new Note it is automatically and instantly shared with a external User named "Vault Account". 

Take the new Notebook i created just a few Minutes ago for example. This Notebook is shared with my coworker Andreas. If i create a new note within this Notebook it shows that it is shared with Andreas as well as the external Vault User.

post-249477-0-13096500-1424273310_thumb.

However the Vault User never appears anywhere else in the sharing settings. If i check the Notbook sharing settings only Andreas is the only other Person listed. 

post-249477-0-58004100-1424273315_thumb.

Is this normal behavior? The Vault User appears in all of my Notes no matter if they are shared or not. Meaning even if i just create a note in my personal Notebook which isn't shared the Vault user appears immediately. Any help is much appreciated. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you guys use Zoho at all?  A quick Google bought up a few random hits including a reference to Zoho Vault Accounts 'which store and protect passwords'.  No reason why it should come up as a shared user of your system,  but if it's also related to the passwords you use,  maybe that is normal behaviour.  http://blogs.zoho.com/tag/zoho-vault

I'd suggest a check on the applications which are allowed access to your account - in Evernote free and premium,  that's dealt with on the Settings page of Evernote.com.

If this is still a mystery I'd suggest raising a support request via https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action - as a Business user you should be able to use the Chat feature on that page to get a quick response.

Thanks  for your reply.

No, i've never head of Zoho before.  No Application is allowed to access my account either. The weird thing is that the Vault User never appears in the Web version of Evernote. Only in the Mac App it is show as pictured above. 

Support told me that that is expected behavior and all Business notes will be automatically shared with the Vault Account. "This is sort of a backup if the Author of the note is deleted at a later point or changes his name." (These are the words of the Evernote support).

To my question why i've never seen the Vault User before they said it might be related to the 6.0.6 Update since they "did a lot of changes"....

If this is true other Users using the Mac App 6.0.6 and a Evernote Business Account should see the Vault User as well. Can anybody confirm or deny that? 

Hi Claudio,

The "Vault Account" is the data store for your Evernote Business notes and notebooks.  

We are tracking cases where this sometimes shows as a user when you check who a notebook or note is shared with.

This issue is innocuous and not a cause for concern.  The the issue is being reviewed and worked, but for now, you can just read that as a note or notebook that is part of your Evernote Business data store.

Hope that helps.  If you would like to continue to get updates or to discuss this further, feel free to open a support request.  We can look at your case in more detail.

Thanks,  ~Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Archived