Sharing the notebooks

Mik

Hi. I am using Evernote as a small library for my class. I have a few problems and don't know how to approach them. Maybe someone can shed some light. Here are the problems

1. When I am sending the URL, I cannot use Outlook groups. I have to put all the e-mail addresses separately. 

2. I have 12 notebooks. Can I share all of them pressing just one button or I should share each independetly?

3. When I am sharing the access to a particular notebook, students can add articles from web to this notebook but they cannot add tags (webclipper doesn't let them). Can they add new notebooks by the way?

4. Can I send notes directly to Moodle? 

thank you

• Level 5*

Hi.

1. When I am sending the URL, I cannot use Outlook groups. I have to put all the e-mail addresses separately. 

OK:  this used to work with the previous sharing option,  but I haven't tested it with the current system - you should be able to set up all the names in a note,  separating, email, addresses, with, a, comma.  Copy and paste the whole string of addresses into the address box in one go.

2. I have 12 notebooks. Can I share all of them pressing just one button or I should share each independetly?

Again:  new system,  not tested;  but you should be able to add all 12 notebooks to the share in one go.

3. When I am sharing the access to a particular notebook, students can add articles from web to this notebook but they cannot add tags (webclipper doesn't let them). Can they add new notebooks by the way?

Giving edit priviledges on a notebook should allow users the option to add tags,  provided those tags are already in the system.  You might want to have a note listing the current tags,  to which students can add requests for new ones.  (That lets you exercise some control over the growth of your tag list too.)  Having a bunch of students access your notebooks though could lead to some problems - beware several people trying to edit the same note at the same time!  It might be an idea to open this out slowly - say three students initially and run that for a month as a pilot,  to find out where any problems might arise.  When you have three students actively using the system,  you will be able to introduce everyone else more quickly with more hands to deal with queries and problems.

4. Can I send notes directly to Moodle?

Evernote will email notes,  or if you open a note in a browser,  you can use other tools on the content.  Other than that - no clue;  sorry...

Archived