Sorry! The changes could not be saved to the document?

epilogue

I started to use annotate function in evernote windows quite often. I usually import JPG or PNG file into evernote and make annotations there.  

Whenever I try to annotate an image, that was previously annotated with evernote, it does not allow me to save changes, returning messages "sorry! The changes could not be saved to the document.  

Basically, when I reopen the image by clicking "annotate," new editing window allows me to resize previous objects or add new texts.  However, it simply wouldn't allow me to save it.

Any ideas.  I tried to find the reason but I couldn't.  

Does this mean that I can annotate all only at once, thus, once I close it, I cannot do it anymore?

Thanks

post-249150-0-85355300-1424002433_thumb.

• Level 5*

I think the situation is that when you annotate in Evernote,  you're using Skitch which adds text and symbols in its own particular system.  You can't then open the note in anything else if you wish to make further changes - it has to be in Evernote/ Skitch.

Thank you gazumped.  

Unfortunately, this error message occurs when I open the image with evernote/skitch to make further changes, not third party utilities. (when I place curser on the image in my evernote, it gives me pop-up menu called "annotate," which opens another window that is shown above.  Skitch panel)   The only way that I can make further change using skitch/evernote is that I have to delete all the annotations I previously made and add annotation all over again including additional annotations I want to make.

• Level 5*

Hi - sorry for a slow reply;  I was trying to get the same result in my own system,  but even after several consecutive edits my picture saves normally when I click 'save and Exit' (although I seem to have to click that twice before it works properly).

I'm wondering whether you're approaching the maximum limit for the note size,  or have reached your monthly upload limit?

If not,  I can only suggest you exit Evernote and backup your Windows databases folder;  then uninstall / restart your system / re-download and reinstall Evernote and Skitch,  and try again.

If there are still issues here,  please let us know which version of Windows you're using - XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8.0 / 8.1 and Web / Desktop / Touch.

I'd also suggest you raise a support request  -  a bug report - by choosing (obviously) "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging into this link > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

- Post a link back to this thread in your request for extra background.  If you're a premium user,  you'll be able to use the Chat feature to get a response more quickly.

EDIT:  ...and in posting this I just remembered another 'feature' of annotation - rotated pictures can't be edited after they're finally saved.  Did you rotate these images after annotation?

Hi.  No I didn't rotate images.  I am using evernote on multiple laptops and desktops and this problem occurs on all computers except my cellphone (android).  So I doubt whether re-installation will help.  

I did my own trials and errors to identify cause and I think I found it.  

When I annotate with English language, I have no problems saving annotation, open the image later and annotate again on top of existing one.  However, when I use my native language (Korean character), this problem occurs.    So long as I don't use Korean languages, I am fine.

For android version, there is no problem.  I can annotate with whatever languages I prefer and it let me edit it, add new annotations again later.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same issue. I am a Chinese character user. It seems to happen to the recent versions. I don't remember I got this problem last year. I updated to latest (5.8.6.7519) but it doesn't help either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived