Emailing notes to non-Evernote users

So I am a project manager for a record label. I manage everything in Evernote and Todoist. I only started using Todoist because Evernote has yet to implement tasks in notes and the ability to assign those to other users. Been using Evernote for 5 years and have a small team on the platform. 

So my huge issue is emailing notes to non-Evernote people. For example, i have purchase order templates for all of my vendors (25 plus). I copy those templates into a specific project/notebook stack and build them from there. Every order varies a bit so this is the easiest way for me and the team. The problem now with Work Chat is i can't then just directly email these POs to the vendors. Now i have to build in EN these POs, then go to my mail client and rebuilt them. This is SUPER annoying as each Note/PO has images marked up with Skitch, PDFs with artwork, grids, and even audio files sometimes. So as you can imagien copying all that over to Gmail is really annoying and makes formatting get messed up. 

I used to be able to just email a note to a vendor and i was moving on with my day. I've searched the forum and web but it just seems they want us to use Workchat for this but when you do this, the receiver has to sign in to Evernote or create an account? 

Any one have ideas with this? This is a real deal breaker for me. With each update of EN i'm getting less and less stoked on it. It was originally such an open platform and i feel more and more that i'm being dictated to how they want me to use it. 

pulling my hair out please help!

P

• Level 5*

So I am a project manager for a record label. I manage everything in Evernote and Todoist. I only started using Todoist because Evernote has yet to implement tasks in notes and the ability to assign those to other users. Been using Evernote for 5 years and have a small team on the platform. 

So my huge issue is emailing notes to non-Evernote people. For example, i have purchase order templates for all of my vendors (25 plus). I copy those templates into a specific project/notebook stack and build them from there. Every order varies a bit so this is the easiest way for me and the team. 

. . .

Any one have ideas with this? This is a real deal breaker for me. With each update of EN i'm getting less and less stoked on it. It was originally such an open platform and i feel more and more that i'm being dictated to how they want me to use it. 

pulling my hair out please help!

P

As you are finding, Evernote is NOT well suited for some tasks.

For Purchase Order management, I think you would find a dedicated financial management system much more helpful.  Yes, you will have to pay for it, but, having been there and done that, you should find the rewards well worth the cost.

Quickbooks is a great system, and really only costs a few hundred dollars.  They have apps for both Win and Mac, and also online.  They also have multi-user systems.

But if you really want to go the cheap route, and already have MS Office, then creating templates from those apps and storing in Dropbox is a cheap alternative.

Good luck.

• 2 years later...

I think this is a valid question.  I want to send a PDF to a non Evernote user.... very basic request.  

What does evernote require... that the receiving person interact with Evernote to to be able to look at my PDF??!! 

Does nobody consider this a major BS!  I can't tell you how many times people write me back and say I can't open this, I don't have Evernote, I don't use evernote, etc... give me a break, I wish I'd known that before archiving years of data that I can't readily send within Evernote without having to control print, save and export thru another outside party method.  Evernote requiring you stay in their proprietary interface is lousy customer service in my opinion 

• Level 5*
On 10/12/2017 at 10:09 AM, Evernotx said:

I want to send a PDF to a non Evernote user.... very basic request.

You don't state what versions of Evernote and OS you are running, but on Evernote 6.11.1 (455059) on macOS 10.11.6, it is very easy:

1. CMD-P to Print
  2. Select "Mail PDF" in PDF popup menu
  3. This opens an Apple Mail compose window with PDF attached.
  4. Enter the recipient's address and send.

The PDF that is attached is like any other PDF -- does NOT require Evernote.

2017-10-14_19-05-24.png.b67545d44b201742d8f88ccf8c3b865e.png

• Level 5*
On 2017-10-12 at 8:09 AM, Evernotx said:

I can't tell you how many times people write me back and say I can't open this, I don't have Evernote

My practice is to send public urls.  These open in a web browser; the note contents are shown and the receiver has access to attachments; pdf, images, word, ..

• 9 months later...
On 10/14/2017 at 9:27 PM, DTLow said:

My practice is to send public urls.  These open in a web browser; the note contents are shown and the receiver has access to attachments; pdf, images, word, ..

Does this still work, I've tried this but it still requires someone to create an account? I use Evernote for Real Estate, I used to send market analysis reports to clients. It was great, now everyone is telling me they can't open them. PLEASE HELP

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Realtyguy said:

Does this still work, I've tried this but it still requires someone to create an account? I use Evernote for Real Estate, I used to send market analysis reports to clients. It was great, now everyone is telling me they can't open them. PLEASE HELP

Public urls still work.  Here's a link to a note in my account   Sample Note  (https://www.evernote.com/shard/s10/sh/07e958cb-6a5f-4190-9e6d-317d7406b8eb/b491628621bee66b8b1fc837ffb2c20f)

• Level 5
3 hours ago, Realtyguy said:

Not 100% sure on this, but I've had situations where people looking at a shared note on a smallish screen would see Evernote's big, prominent "create an account" invitation, and not the smaller "click here to continue" or something like that farther down the page. If you can, you might check and see whether that's the situation.

• 4 weeks later...

They have taken away that feature, on both the new web app and the Android app. They have made Evernote completely unusable for me. I don't get it when most companies are trying to improve their integrations, Evernote seems to be trying to lock theirs down?  I used to be able to send static emails to clients and share notes to Trello and other apps. The email body and app fields would be populated with the note, pictures, pdfs, etc. This is not available anymore. It's all done through work chat and links now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 9:03 AM, Realtyguy said:

Hello,

I am a real estate professional and still use the public links to share with my clients, no problem.  https://www.evernote.com/l/Ag9_Q4FRo0hK9Zpg2UN2N5OiFpL_Rsy06eg

Are you sharing notes with links to other notes in the notes you share?

Archived