Request: Copy / Paste Style

James D

Idea

Mac apps that handle rich text usually have Copy Style / Paste Style commands.  These allow you to copy just the style of selected text and then paste just the style onto selected text.

For example: TextEdit, Notes, Mail.

It would be great if you could add those to Evernote including their standard keyboard shortcuts:

Copy Style (Command-Option-C)

Paste Style (Command-Option-V)

It is particularly frustrating to move from Notes, which supports those commands, to Evernote Mac, which currently does not.

Thanks.

11 replies to this idea

Yep yep... of course it's a great idea !  it's very very very long waiting for that simple & useful shortcuts implementation.... I'm waiting for it since the lunch of Evernote. personally, I will use that fonction every-time so I actually loose a lot of time copy paste & replace ! Hope the team will work on it to make Evernote perfect because it's a real miss #;-)

Please PLEASE

can we have the function where EN will read (and yes write)...that is sync, with Mac Notes (for iCloud)?

I am allowed at work to use ONLY iCloud...I am not allowed to use EN at work.  It's considered file sharing and a security issue.  

I will only spend the money on EN subscriptions if I can write notes at work using iCloud, and have them available at the home computer within the EN app.

Otherwise iCloud beats EN for me!  Please PLEASE bring in this function!

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, msyaeger said:

can we have the function where EN will read (and yes write)...that is sync, with Mac Notes (for iCloud)?

You should post your own request discussion instead of tacking onto another discussion

I can't see Evernote implementing this syncing.  You could  look at third party services like ifttt

Anyone who uses Evernote for editing a piece of text would like to have this quintessential text editing feature.

In addition I see value in the following too

1. Ability hyperlink within a note
2. Support for Markdown syntax
3. Ability to publish/export notes directly to blogging platforms like wordpress, export as word 

Archived