BUG: Paste kills indents (ver. 6.0.6)

Awesum

Idea

Upgraded to version 6.0.6 today on Mac and it killed my ability to paste in code snippets (JSON, Javascript, etc.).  It smashes all the indents and lines everything up on the left.  Not good.

NOTE: I'm not talking about code syntax coloring (which would be nice, but not crucial).  It used to preserve indents and now it doesn't, which seems like a major regression.

-Jim

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I can confirm this behavior.

When I paste code from the AppleScript editor into an EN Note, it initially looks good and maintains the indents.

But then after I click on another Note, then back on this Note, the indents are removed.

Obviously the indents in code are very helpful to quickly read and understand the code.

Evernote, please fix this.

• Level 5*

Seems to be fixed in 6.0.10. Cool, thanks!  :)

It's not fixed for me in 6.0.10, running Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9.5).

In a new Note, the initial paste (from AppleScript) retains the indents properly.

Indents are even retained after clicking on another note, then back to this note.

But, after I sync, the indents are removed.

• Level 5*

I cannot replicate this issue. My indents stay event after sync...

Are you running Mavericks?

I have submitted a Ticket to Evernote, and they have confirmed the bug.

Date: Wed, May 6, 2015 at 10:56 AM
Subject: Ticket# 1047098 - BUG: Note Loses Indents from Paste after Sync

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Evernote Support. I'm Ben, and I will be helping you.

I really appreciate you taking the time to report this loss of indentation while pasting code from AppleScript into Evernote. I was able to reproduce this issue easily and I reported it to our product team for resolution. I’m not sure when the issue will be resolved.

Archived