How can I find notes that are Tables of Contents?

EdH

• Level 5*

You can use the "sourceurl:" term for this. In this case, something like:

sourceurl:"file://Table*"

This seems to find these types of notes in the Windows client. The "sourceurl:" isn't in the page you referenced and it's not in the Search Grammar page either; it should be. A web search turned up this forum topic: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/25260-howto-search-in-sourceurl-field-answered/, which had the answer, more or less. Just took a bit of experimentation to get it right; you need to quote the URL argument as it contains punction, I think, and you need to add the asterix for the partial match 

• Level 5*

Excellent Guys. Thanks!

JMichael, have you asked about this in the Mac forum? I am likely going to get a Macbook Air personally in the next 30 days (waiting for whatever will be announced Feb 24) so this will impact me. For work, I'll still use the Windows client.

• Level 5*

JMichael, have you asked about this in the Mac forum? I am likely going to get a Macbook Air personally in the next 30 days (waiting for whatever will be announced Feb 24) so this will impact me. For work, I'll still use the Windows client.

EdH,  I haven't asked about it, but I did just do a test before my post above.

The URL field in the Note Info panel is definitely blank for the TOC Note I just created.

Having said that, for me it is easy enough to just add a Tag of "TOC" to the TOC Note when I create it.

This has the advantage of working in ALL EN clients, and working in the Tag Filter.

Depending on what you are doing with your table of content notes you could do a couple of things.

First, you could make them shortcuts.

Second, in a couple of notebooks that I share I want specific notes to always be at the top of the notebook. They organize the notebooks in various ways. Some are table of content notes while others are ongoing assignments. 

In those notebooks, I sort by created-by date and I edit the notes I want on top to a future date. Since I'm working on a school year all the notes I want on top are edited to be created in May of 2015. 

Archived