Android Evernote truncates my notes

Hi,

A bug report, I guess. Or something.

I have evernote (free account) on my Macs and PCs. No problem, used it for years. Then I started using Evernote Android app. I made this error before, but yesterday I did it again: I opened up a "long" note in my Android. Just to add something to the top.

The result when I check the note on my Mac, is that everything from a few days back is gone from the note, and I only have old stuff + the new line of text.

Example:

My note "TO DO" is several months old. I add stuff to the top, as I go. Delete some as well.

Last friday, I had 114 lines of text.

This Monday, I had 119 lines.

Tuesday, 127 lines.

On Tuesday night, I opened the Android-app and added a line of text ("purchase book so-and-so, it's great") to the top of "TO DO".

Today, my "TO DO"-note looks like the Friday-version, but with the text "purchase book so-and-so, it's great" on top. Everything I added between Friday and Tuesday is gone.

And here's the funny part; the Mac-application does not pick up on this, but happily "syncs" these changes and now my note is changed across the board.

I just upgraded to Premium to get access to Note History, so I recovered my text now. Whew! But is this a known behaviour?

My guess: Andriod app uses an old, cached, version of the note. Then it saves, without checking if the note on the server is as up-to-date as the note it just edited. Fail.

Thanks in advance,

/ A

• Level 5*

There are quite a few instances of long notes opened on two or more devices losing part of their history,  so lets hope the tech team can work out a way to minimise the risk in future.  Meantime the best defence is to avoid long notes - make additional notes,  tied together with tags or titles rather than editing one long one.

There are quite a few instances of long notes opened on two or more devices losing part of their history,  so lets hope the tech team can work out a way to minimise the risk in future.  Meantime the best defence is to avoid long notes - make additional notes,  tied together with tags or titles rather than editing one long one.

Thanks man, I agree. And I've changed behavior a bit since then.

/ A

Archived