(Archived) Evernote for N97 Beta Thread (Discontinued)

Found a bug / limitation on text notes.

I entered a note (a list of participants at a meeting, with information about each person) with new line characters on the N97, and everything looked fine. As soon as the note was synced, all the new lines were removed.

Julie

Has development on this version stopped?

• [*:1rm7f54z]Evernote for Nokia N97 Beta Available
    by pconstantinou on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:35 pm in Evernote for Nokia N97
    [*:1rm7f54z]Update for Evernote for Nokia N97 Beta Available (68401)
    by pasha on Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:28 am in Evernote for Nokia N97
    [*:1rm7f54z]Update for Evernote for Nokia N97 Beta Available (69143)
    by pasha on Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:07 am in Evernote for Nokia N97
    [*:1rm7f54z]Update for Evernote for Nokia N97 Beta Available (69848)
    by pasha on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 am in Evernote for Nokia N97
    [*:1rm7f54z]Update for Evernote for Nokia N97 Beta Available (70096)
    by pasha on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:44 am in Evernote for Nokia N97
    [*:1rm7f54z]Update for Evernote for Nokia N97 Beta Available (70302)
    1, 2, 3 by pasha on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:48 pm in Evernote for Nokia N97

First release on the last day of November, with 2 updates in December (including Christmas Day!), 3 in January. Now it's March, and there have been no updates for 2 months.

Evernote people, could you tell us what's happening please?

Thanks

Julie

We've encountered some issues (e.g. all of these API Bridge issues) with the technology solution we used for the N97 beta test application, so are re-assessing the best way to target these devices.

Thanks

Conditions under which version 70302 worked for me on Nokia 5800:

1. Software Version on Nokia 5800: V 40.0.005

2. Latest APIBridge-Version (at least 1.00(5)) - to get from NOKIA; before Installation: de-install 70302 in case its already there; before this the snapshot and audio feature didn´t work

3. 70302 installed on phone memory (card memory I didn´t check yet);

4. Trick with login: have a gprs or 3G connection already on the run before you try to log in with the evernote app; a current connection via build-in browser might help.

Best Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Dave - any word on how the re-assessment is progressing? I'm hoping it hasn't been completley overshadowed by iPad development!

Can I also throw the Digital Ink notes into the mix for the N97. The touchscreen interface with the stylus is made for that sort of thing.

Cheers,

D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm using Nokia 5230. it's the first time I install this; and after login, it crash( without any warning or error message). I updated brigde api before. can you check it again?

thank you for giving us very-good-software :)

• 4 weeks later...
Conditions under which version 70302 worked for me on Nokia 5800:

1. Software Version on Nokia 5800: V 40.0.005

2. Latest APIBridge-Version (at least 1.00(5)) - to get from NOKIA; before Installation: de-install 70302 in case its already there; before this the snapshot and audio feature didn´t work

3. 70302 installed on phone memory (card memory I didn´t check yet);

4. Trick with login: have a gprs or 3G connection already on the run before you try to log in with the evernote app; a current connection via build-in browser might help.

Best Regards

Thank you, fritz. Tip 4, about the connection, was what enabled my evernote install to work. Thank you, works great now. Before that it would just crash with no indication of what happened.

Edit: Only had to do this "pre-connection" the first time, after that it has been working fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much pasha for the downloads. I have wanted Evernote for so long on the Symbian platform. I am stuck with Nokia so I hope they come up with one for the Nokia N8, which is some new symbian 3. I work overseas and use ATT in the US. So buying unlocked phones are just better for me where warranties aren't messy. Nokia has bad service but I have no choice. I have tried all the new phones:iphone, all flavors of android, but they don't really do pictures well enough.

Evernote please keep symbian s60 updates. Please have font settings so I can it better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

Are you guys serious? You are not planning on creating an app for the largest platform on the planet? I am truly baffled by this. I mean, there is an app for WebOS, but not for Symbian? S60 5th and S^3, together, are the size of iOS, or Android, perhaps larger. Why would you not create an app for those?

If the WRT approach does not allow you to build it, why not build it in Qt, so you can use it on MeeGo as well, and current Maemo users can use it too. Perhaps you can use some of the stuff you did in the Maemo 5 plug in that exists?

If this is true:

Our goal at Evernote is to give everyone the ability to easily capture any moment, idea, inspiration, or experience whenever they want using whichever device or platform they find most convenient, and then to make all of that information easy to find.

Then there should be an app for Symbian. Come on Evernote. There are millions (over a 100 million!) of people you are ignoring right now.

Thanks for considering.

JFH

I have installed the beta on my shiny new N8 and it works just fine! I am so happy there is renewed activity on the Symbian platform as it is something I have been bugging people at Evernote with periodically over the last 12 months or so. In the coming days I intend to try out the new version on my neglected N97 :D Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

I used it without any problems for a while on my N97 mini, but just the other day it stopped working :( .

When I go to my notes I have to sign in again each time I start the app. Then sometimes my notes are shown, but mostly it's not loading anything at all.

When uploading new notes they keep in the list with a pending state.

Am I the only one with this problem, or was something changed on the evernote-website (may be while introducing the updated version last week?).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Installation just fine, on Nokia N8. I can log in and view a list of my existing notes. I repeatedly have to log in to my Evernote account (it seems to time out within moments). I cannot sync anything. No new text notes, no new snapshot. "Upload fails" is the message I get, although it does look as though the app is trying to sync; it reads there are pending notes and periodically attempts to upload them, only to fail repeatedly.

I was never able to see if I could actually retrieve an existing note. Whenever I tried, I was confronted with the login screen again.

Hopefully, Evernote will continue to develop some solution for Symbian users.

• 2 weeks later...
I cant use it, i dont know how. After download the zip file, extract and copy this files to my phone, what I should do? How can I install it? How can I start it?

Thanks

Read through the thread, there are plenty of different ways to transfer the file. Have you ever checked to see if the APIBridge installed on your Nokia? Also, have you heard of mutualmobile.com? I have seen this issue with a number of other cell phones, you are not the only one out there. If anything, this should be as easy fix. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived