Where is edit/delete with tables?

Go to solution Solved by gbarry,

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for answers to working with tables too. Information regarding this topic is sparse. Currently, table functionality in Evernote is flawed and useless and it's frustrating because there's so much potential.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback gbarry.

I hope this won't take too long as it's really a core feature that is missing here (when I use Evernote on Linux from within the browser). Looking forward to it.

We're regularly improving the web beta experience so I expect table functionality to improve with time. There's no delete/editing options currently within tables on web beta. 

For our most up to date article on table functionality, check here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/89799088

• 6 months later...

I need to download a 91mb client just to edit the table??? This is ridiculous!

Evernote is going backward - everyone else start doing things on web browser, like office 365/one note, google doc, etc. Understandable to have an app on phone, but web one note is so lack of features.

I have been using evernote for over 3 years and there is hardly any improvement on the core function. Onenote look like a good alternative here...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you, Davie Lam, for your workaround advice for Chrome.

To Andrea Kim: In Firefox, it is similar.

Select the table -> right click -> Inspect element -> find (with your eyes) <table... (it should be located upwards) nearby -> right click -> Delete node

Works like a charm!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Wow, i didn't realize the inspect element in a web browser can edit the page.  This is really good (but also quite technical for common day folks).

Let's hope there is an easier feature in the future...

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Okay, here's another way you can delete a table:

• Clear table of all text
  • Open a different note
  • Return to the note you had before. It should now be smaller.
  • Type a letter in each box.
  • Highlight the letters.
  • Delete said letters. 
  • Ta Da! The table should be gone.
  • 1 month later...

On the desktop application, you can delete a table by selecting all the table AND one row additional row (e.g.:above it), then hit backspace: gone.

If you need to edit the table, i.e. add rows, I found this trick: I select and copy my whole table. I delete the table as per above. I insert a new table, the way I want it. I paste the content of the old table in the new table, BY PLACING THE CURSOR OUTSIDE the table, at the beginning of the first row above it.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Like user humabala pointed out, practically all other web editing clients, including but not limited to Office365 and Google Docs have implemented a fully functional table management including alignment, editing on cell, row or column level, merging and splitting cells, changing border properties. Evernote looks like something from the stone age. I can't help thinking they are just trying to force people to use the client in order to sell subscription (most people need 3 clients these days, one for phone, one for laptop and one for desktop). 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a complete joke. On linux tables are completely useless and there is no official client because "we're oh so small". And for two years nothing has changed in this regard. Seriously just use some GPL wysiwyg, the default one is annoying enough without the table mishap.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 2:03 PM, Michael McGhie said:

I'm seeing that there is still no way to delete a simple table here.  This has been going on since 2014 I see.  Well I pay for this and doesn't seem right.  Does anyone know of a more user friendly Note organization app out there

Check out Dropbox Paper and Box Notes.

On 3/11/2015 at 9:29 AM, gbarry said:

We're regularly improving the web beta experience so I expect table functionality to improve with time. There's no delete/editing options currently within tables on web beta. 

For our most up to date article on table functionality, check here: https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/89799088

The quote above is 3 years old today.

What is your take on the last 3 years of table functionality improvements in the web client?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
11 hours ago, WeCanLearnAnything said:

What is your take on the last 3 years of table functionality improvements in the web client?

Just my opinion, but very few users are willing to pay to fund any development work
We will have to wait for the Business side

• Level 5*
On 3/11/2018 at 6:35 AM, WeCanLearnAnything said:

The quote above is 3 years old today.

I'm not sure specifically what you're asking for, but see the following: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/111932-en-possibly-overwriting-note-content-with-content-from-another-note/?tab=comments#comment-497123

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, kludrer said:

If you mean the web client (the version you use when just logging into Evernote via a web browser, without downloading anything) you still can not delete tables.

It's certainly in the latest web beta (Evernote Web v5.28.0). Click on a cell in the table, and then open the dropdown menu that appears in the top right-hand corner of the cell; "Delete Table" is the last entry in the menu.