Editing attachments causes them to disappear

Today I edited an attachment and then it disappeared. WHERE DO THEY GO? THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET IT BACK. I CAN'T KEEP USING EVERNOTE UNLESS I CAN STOP THIS BEHAVIOR. PHOOEY!

This time it was android, but it has happened with my windows clients also. Apparently evernote only allows recovering history if you pay for premium. This smells to me. Are these things disappearing for a reason>?

• Level 5*

You still haven't said what procedure you went through to edit the attachment. In Windows, you double-click on the attachment or right-click and use the "Open WIth". When you're done editing, you just save the attachment (not "Save As") and Evernote should pick up the change. If that fails for some reason, you can often find the saved file in the Attachments folder in your database folder (Tools / Options / General / Open Database folder.

Evernote is not trying to scam you or force you to upgrade. I use this feature in a free account without difficulty on Windows.

You still haven't said what procedure you went through to edit the attachment. In Windows, you double-click on the attachment or right-click and use the "Open WIth". When you're done editing, you just save the attachment (not "Save As") and Evernote should pick up the change. If that fails for some reason, you can often find the saved file in the Attachments folder in your database folder (Tools / Options / General / Open Database folder.

Evernote is not trying to scam you or force you to upgrade. I use this feature in a free account without difficulty on Windows.

That's exactly what I do in windows. I found the file in the database folder. Thanx for that tip. I restored the file to the note. Then I went to my android and modified it and saved it several times. On the third try, it disappeared again. When I synced it then disappeared from the desktop as well. So what is going on-makes no sense?

Archived