Noojin

ANSWERED How do I remove grey border after clipping Duolingo?

Hello,

I wasn't able to search this issue but I may have searched the wrong terminologies. Anyways, I use the evernote clipper and theres always these gray borders around it. In the first example, there is a segment on the right side of the image with the gray border. It doesn't look clean with it to me (sorry, slight perfectionist) >_<. Then on the second image, its at the bottom of the text. How am I able to remove this grey border?

Thanks!

post-248233-0-50074900-1423454642_thumb.

post-248233-0-29176100-1423454651_thumb.

Hi.  What's your OS,  what's your browser?- My clips don't have grey borders.

I am using Yosemite on my Mac version 10.10.2 via Safari Web Browser. Perhaps, it only pertains to the Safari clips? 

- If you can post a sample URL where this happens that would be great.

- What type of clip do you make? (article, simplified article, screenshot etc.)

• Like 1

Sorry, 

I thought i posted a response to this yesterday. Anyways, I tried to mimic the problem with a more generalized URL that is easily accessible. However, the issue is from the site called Duolingo, a site to learn new languages. I right click and "save full page to evernote" and then thats where the gray border occurs. 

I can confirm that the Web Clipper doesn't clip Duolingo very well at the moment. This can sometimes happen when the site is a more complex webapp with 'fancy' dynamic elements etc. 

The Web Clipper takes HTML and converts it to ENML which is what Evernote clients understand. Sometimes this conversion can introduce unwanted artifacts or loss of details. I'll look into improving the clip quality in the future. 

What you can try is to:

- Start the Web Clipper UI and try different clip actions such as article mode or simplified article. 

- Try to select the content you want in the clip and then start the Web Clipper /(or right click the selection and clip just that part)

• Like 2