How to remove a Notebook from a Stack

Go to solution Solved by charboyd,

I know this has been asked in various forms but I still don't get it.   I have six notebooks  in a stack. I want to liberate them, either to make them free standing or to move them to another stack.  I'm using a MacBook Air and so "right-click" is not an option.  There must be a way to do this, but how?

• Level 5*

At a guess, without being a Mac user, you should try dragging a notebook out of its stack to the top of the list, and releasing it.

I searched the web for "macbook air right-click", and found lots of hits -- are they all inaccurate?

• 2 months later...
  • Ex Employees
  • Solution

You can unstack a notebook by right-clicking the notebook and selecting "Remove from Stack"

*To right-click on a Mac desktop, you must press and hold the control key while you click the mouse pad. 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Ahh, I think I might see what the original poster's issue might have been — you must be in the notebooks main panel in order to do this.  If you have notebooks expanded in the sidebar for instance, right/option clicking the notebook in a stack (or dragging and dropping it out of the stack) will not help remove it.  I almost always have my notebooks and stacks expanded in the sidebar so I bumped into this issue today too and found this forum.  Hope this helps somebody!

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...

I know it's been a while since you posted this, Jason54 but just wanted to say thanks, this was a very helpful comment. I should add that I find it extremely frustrating that the evernote team has not addressed this yet. On the windows version, you absolutely can remove a notebook from the stack by clicking in the sidebar, so I was expecting to be able to do the same thing on the mac.

• 3 months later...
On 8/26/2015 at 1:13 AM, jason54 said:

Ahh, I think I might see what the original poster's issue might have been — you must be in the notebooks main panel in order to do this.  If you have notebooks expanded in the sidebar for instance, right/option clicking the notebook in a stack (or dragging and dropping it out of the stack) will not help remove it.  I almost always have my notebooks and stacks expanded in the sidebar so I bumped into this issue today too and found this forum.  Hope this helps somebody!

Thank you! :)

• 3 years later...