[REQUEST] Tag Nesting / Hierarchy for the iOS Evernote !

mustela7

Idea

... tomorrow afternoon?

Why does this take so long?

Why does it seem to be of apparently such a low priority?

Is ist too difficult to implement, is there too little development capacity, or is there really too little public interest in this features?

Strangely, every new iOS version (and to a certain degree also OSX version) brings other "cloudy" surprises: first a grey on grey tag cloud, and now, even "cloudier", different colors for weighing my tags, i guess to tell me how often I use each one of them. Seems as if my iPhone wants to tell me: "Don't read, just look at those nice colors - you do not remember your tags anyway". Second thought: this must be a contest! "Look, this tag is veeery dark green. You really made it to write this tag 12 times with the same letters on each of your notes. Congrats, pal". Tag, tag, tag, where do you go from here.

Back on earth, what really bothers me now (apart from the meaning of life):

Can one honestly keep a clear view after years in evernote, without a good sorted tag structure?

- I'd like not only to search and find a note, I want to review my notes.

- When my contexts are changing, my brain is changing. Fragments are changing place. Tags have to change. I must have an overview of my tags. Without hierarchy, my tags are in a black hole.

- I do sort my notes hierarchically in windows, in the web, and with some more troubles even on the mac. Why not on the iPad.

What I'd like to see is well organized content.

What I see is stylish design with nice clouds, attracting people to throw notes at and forget about 100% everything.

I heard there is a evernote version called "for business"...?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, DTLow said:

No argument - V8 was a major update

>>that made no significant productivity improvements.

I don't see this whining as relevent to the hierarchy request

>>  they probably should have had this feature as part of their last release. 

I have no idea as the the reason behind prioritizing requests and changes
I add my vote to requests I like
I don't believe its our place to tell EN what/when changes they are to implement

I believe if I am paying someone to provide a service, I do have a place to call for certain features. Capitalism will win in the end. As was said earlier, the second another note taking app introduces nested tags on a cross platform basis, people will begin jumping ship. EN can make its choices. However, in the end their stock holders and/or bottom line may suffer as a result. 

I am also glad to see that you agree their latest "major update" made no significant productivity improvements. It was only a new skin on the same product.

• Level 5*
58 minutes ago, vandevyver said:

Proper organisation of notes is key !
The tags and hierarchy of tags was there I assume to stay.

I think tag hierarchy is a permanent feature; and I use it on a Mac to organize my tags.
I'd like to see it on IOS; this request has my vote.

I'm not counting on it for note organization; it's only available in specific menus on specific platforms.
For note organization, I rely on a tag prefix naming standard.  
For example instead of red white blue, I use colour-red colour-white colour-blue

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Guest LongTimeUser said:

DTlow for a guy who “doesn’t work for Evernote” you sure come across as someone who does.  

I'd prefer to be known for my help to other users.
I'm an Evernote fanboy;  as if I'd use a service that didn't work for me.
I'm not into "Boohoo, Evernote's so bad" posts.  I'm more interested in posts on how to better use this product.

>>Tags are definitely useful.  I agree Evernote is not useless without tags but many people use them in their organization systems.

My note organization is based on 350+ tags.
I also find Tag Hierarchy useful and would like to see it implemented on the IOS platform.  I added my vote to this request.

>>A week or so ago you called IOS a minor platform, really?

I use both Mac and IOS; imho Evernote's major platforms are Windows and Mac, really
This is development decisions by Evernote, and also limitations with the mobile devices and OS.

On 10/4/2018 at 8:42 AM, DTLow said:

Did you actually add your vote?
Voting buttons are at the top left corner of the discussion.

I am an infrequent poster but have used Evernote since the early days before Phil Libin. I have 19k notes and hundreds of tags. It is my most used software for personal and business purposes.  I would certainly appreciate having nested tags in iOS and have placed my vote appropriately.  I would also appreciate having a tag button on the black action strip at the bottom of the iOS version alongside notebooks, search etc instead of having to access tags indirectly.  My main point in posting is to register my dissatisfaction with Evernote for being effectively silent on this topic.  In my opinion it would be good business practice for Evernote to give an indication as to if/when they are going to introduce the feature and if not, why not. BTW, this comment applies to all feature requests.

• Like 1

Dear Evernote:

Please prioritorise this, your competitors are catching up, and once they offer iOS nested/heirachical tagging you will loose a swathe of customers.

This was one of the killer functions that got many customers on board.

I have been a loyal Evernote customer/user for years, and have watched on in frustration as this request has not been addressed. It is commented on in numerous online reviews and podcasts, and YouTube shows, but all changes/updates Evernote makes seem to take EN in other directions that don’t help iOS users that would represent an important group. Frustratingly, I recall this feature once was available years ago in EN iOS, but was removed (but stayed available in android and other platforms), and was available in now defunct third party EN apps (Clever note?) which I tried using in desperation.

I believe Bear notes app already has this function, and many customers are switching, I am investigating that one. OmniFocus has just implemented hierarchical tags, so you will be loosing customers to that app who have been using Evernote as a GTD/task manager, including me.

Please consider.

• Like 1

This has my vote.

Just bought an Ipad to further improve my flexibility when it comes to working in Evernote and I am shocked to see that nested tags are not available in iOS, particularly given how this is implemented on the Windows, Android and Mac versions. I'm using Evernote on my Ipad much less than I should be because of the lack of this.

Consistency is key across platforms - please make this a priority Evernote.

I have been a loyal Evernote customer/user for years, and have watched on in frustration as this request has not been addressed. It is commented on in numerous online reviews and podcasts, and YouTube shows, but all changes/updates Evernote makes seem to take EN in other directions that don’t help iOS users that would represent an important group. Frustratingly, I recall this feature once was available years ago in EN iOS, but was removed (but stayed available in android and other platforms), and was available in now defunct third party EN apps (Clever note?) which I tried using in desperation.

I think, for me, it is too late. Notion is on the horizon and it has almost all features I want. Including nested features. Their apps are not perfect and that is the reason that I am using Evernote. So hurry up.

Grtz.

Frans

• Thanks 1

You are not alone.  I've posted this question a couple times, but EN has chosen not to respond.  I have reluctantly decided to ignore this issue because EN seems to have made the decision to let the tags function wither on the vine.  Why? Who knows?  Maybe they are targeting teens who enjoy like-so-totaly-awesome-colors rather than adults who have actual work to do on EN.  Anyway, my tag view remains unreadable green on gray and the iPad version, while totally legible, remains useless because it is squeezed into a narrow left panel.  I agree with you regarding the undisclosed changes that a user might not want, but receives unknowingly in an upgrade. In the US recently there is an ongoing political controversy because Congress passed a new law before being permitted to read what was in it.  The slogan was that "you've got to pass the law in order to find out what it says".  EN operates the same way: "you've got to get the upgrade in order to find out why you don't want it". For the past year or so, I have declined upgrades.  It is just not worth the risk.

The slogan was that "you've got to pass the law in order to find out what it says".  EN operates the same way: "you've got to get the upgrade in order to find out why you don't want it". For the past year or so, I have declined upgrades.  It is just not worth the risk.

In the Orwellian world of Evernote, an upgrade can simultaneously be a downgrade.

I have just read something that has worked for me.

Hold command on mac and drag the tags into the hierarchy. On pc i think its control.

Just tried two levels of tag hierarchy on a Mac, and it looks great.

I checked what IOS made of it, and it does understand that they're in a hierarchy, and makes a reasonable job.  It displays all tags at the top level, not in an explicit hierarchy, as the Mac does, and it does display the notes as you would expect according to which level you click.  I.e.  click a top level tag and you see all notes owned in that hierarchy, click a second level tag, and you see just the notes for that tag.

But I'm nervous about relying on it, given all the comments about Evernote's lack of enthusiasm.  I'd like to see Evernote say that it's a fully supported feature.

• Level 5*

I have just read something that has worked for me.

Hold command on mac and drag the tags into the hierarchy. On pc i think its control.

Just tried two levels of tag hierarchy on a Mac, and it looks great.

I checked what IOS made of it, and it does understand that they're in a hierarchy, and makes a reasonable job.  It displays all tags at the top level, not in an explicit hierarchy, as the Mac does, and it does display the notes as you would expect according to which level you click.  I.e.  click a top level tag and you see all notes owned in that hierarchy, click a second level tag, and you see just the notes for that tag.

But I'm nervous about relying on it, given all the comments about Evernote's lack of enthusiasm.  I'd like to see Evernote say that it's a fully supported feature.

I am not seeing this behavior in EN Mac 6.0.3 and EN iOS 7.6.4.

How does using CMD + drag of tags change the behavior of just dragging the tags?

When I do a tag search in EN iOS, selecting the top level tags does NOT include Notes with only its child tags.

Hello,

I may mis understand the idea of tag hierarchy. From what you said it sound like the ability to click a tag and see all of the notes with the sub tags.. Or something like that?

What I meant by command and drag the tag was that in that was I was able to make a stack of tags. Similar to a note book stage. This helps organise what would otherwise be chaotic. 

HOWEVER...

This command thing seems to be a fluke. It worked the first day but does not work now. Since then it seems to be completely hit or miss whether I can drag and drop a tag into another to make a stack...

AMEN!

I find notebooks a clumsy interface when you reach a certain volume of projects and am switching a design that involves nested tags.  

Just found out today that nested tags aren't allowed on iOS but apparently are on Windows mobile.

This seems crazy as it makes what could be an awesome platform so much less versatile and customisable.

• Like 1

I don't understand why this isn't in iOS yet either. The android development team have had it in for ages. I emailed and asked them about it and this was the response I got:

Unfortunately tag hierarchy is not supported in iOS. We are well aware of this feature request, and take all these in consideration when updating our app. Nevertheless I will forward your feedback directly to our developers to reinvigorate this application in tags.

Evernote is great but not being about to see the tag hierarchy on iOS reduces how useful it is. It would be really nice just to hear why they haven't decided to add it as they are apparently well aware of the request. Hopefully they'll decide to add it soon!

• Like 1

Yup, definitely a strongly needed feature that would make it much more helpful for me. One of the best decisions I ever made was switching from using Notebooks to Tags to organize my notes, but lacking nested tags in iOS makes is less convenient than it should be. 

• Like 1

still nothing, using tags properly on iOS seems such a low priority, it's a crippled, non-consistent experience that's completely useless and only works properly on the desktop version. 

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, amort said:

using tags properly on iOS seems such a low priority, it's a crippled, non-consistent experience that's completely useless

Thats very dramatic. 

I have no problem using tags on IOS.  
I use a naming strategy (prefix) to easily identify the tag via the dropdown lists.

I would also like tag hierarchy on IOS; it forces me to do most of my tag hierarchy work on the desktop.

The amazing use of tags in the desktop version is what attracted me to Evernote...

In fact, if you asked me to define Evernote, I would say it's Notebooks, Notes and Tags!

Tags are what makes Evernote different (and better) to OneNote... After all, One Note is Notebooks and Notes!

I would have thought that something so integral to the fabric of the application would be consistent across all platforms.

Finding that the basic approach to working with Evernote from one platform to another is so fundamentally (and in my mind, carelessly) different makes me worry about whether they care about other fundamentally important things... like security?

(It's actually got me thinking twice about OneNote!)

Nested tags would be useful, so I'll support this.

I would also like to state that multi-tag filtering (e.g.: Tag1 AND Tag2 AND Tag3) is what appeals to me. Multi-tag filtering is available on the desktop version but not the iOS version.

8 hours ago, Eric G said:

Nested tags would be useful, so I'll support this.

I would also like to state that multi-tag filtering (e.g.: Tag1 AND Tag2 AND Tag3) is what appeals to me. Multi-tag filtering is available on the desktop version but not the iOS version.

iOS does support multi-tag filtering but you need to use the search syntax not rely on point and click. The key document is https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828

so for example

any: tag:Google tag:ipad 

will return all posts tagged with Google or ipad

It's worth having a working knowledge of the advanced search syntax because it allows you to do lots of useful non-standard searches. e.g. all notes which are untagged, notes not tagged with a particular tag and notes with an attached pdf

• Like 1
On 6/3/2016 at 1:46 AM, Mike P said:

iOS does support multi-tag filtering but you need to use the search syntax not rely on point and click. The key document is https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828

so for example

any: tag:Google tag:ipad 

The point of the problem I and others keep pointing out, is that when you get to the point of a robust tagging system you could have dozens or hundreds of tags, search syntax requires you to remember exactly how you titled things (e.g. was that "Rob" or "Robert"). That's not possible with so many tags, thus the need for a search functionality where we can see our existing tags and tap to select, or a search functionality where you can enter the first couple characters and it offers suggestions... Works perfectly fine on the desktop versions, and doesn't seem like so much to ask on mobile... I've even heard this DOES work on Android, and I know it used to be available on iOS.

• Level 5*

3 minutes ago, Yipeedog said:

The point of the problem I and others keep pointing out, is that when you get to the point of a robust tagging system you could have dozens or hundreds of tags, search syntax requires you to remember exactly how you titled things (e.g. was that "Rob" or "Robert...

I agree, and I up voted this request. (Voting buttons are in the upper left corner of the discussion)

• Like 1

I am suggesting that we consolidate this request to get the votes up… I am suggesting mine because it already has a number of votes replies… The post is here, https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/88379-feature-request-improved-tag-functionality-for-ios/

This request keeps popping up but I believe it is getting ignored because it doesn’t get a critical mass of attention at any one moment, I’d like to see if we can get everyone on board to bring this up the list and to Evernote’s attention.

Thank you! 

• Like 2

Hi, I want to add my voice here.

I would like to use my iPad as my primary device and I really miss the ability to view / organize my tags in a hierachy.

- I also miss the ability to encrypt text in my notes by the way => already mentionned in another topic.

As the price is going up, I hope to see the iPad App getting more attention.

• Like 1

This looks like it was requested 5 years ago.  All we are asking for is consistency across platforms.  It is difficult to set up an organizational system on a desktop when it is not carried forward to the iPad.  Agree with gongnr:  We are not asking for miracles, just hierarchy.  How can this not get prioritized for 5 years??

Hallo,

I am using Evernote for more than 4  years and after reading Michael Hyatt his excellent blogpost called:

How I organize Evernote, A peek inside My Personal System

Michael Hyatt how I organize Evernote

So, I changed from Notebooks to tags, and it is great......... on my MAC, but searching and using tags on my IOS devices are unfortunately not so.

NO nested tags. 

Even Scannabel does not support tags al all.

Boys and girls at Evernote: hurry up!!!!! You are lucky that OneNote (at this moment) has an awful tags system)

greetings from the Netherlands 

On 10/20/2016 at 11:31 AM, sanguinicus said:

Boys and girls at Evernote: hurry up!!!!! You are lucky that OneNote (at this moment) has an awful tags system)

That's about the ONLY reason why I haven't switched to OneNote yet. I truly don't understand what is so difficult to implement nested tags in the iOS client? 3 Major releases and still no nested tags!! This is really a critical feature for me that is rendering the iOS client very crippled. 

Hi,
I begun with iPad last week and I am very disappointed that the Evernote on it don't show the hierarchic structure of the tags. I have an implementation of E. on my phone HTC Android, which has quite smaller screen and there is the possibility to browse through the tag tree from root to all notes. I send an example of it. It is in German but you can see, that in each node of the tree you can see the whole next level with the tags and notes. Analogous implementation can be done on both iPad and iPhone.

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Ivan Evernote Android.JPG

The IOS versions water down tags each successive version. I like Nested Tags- a drill down to them is needed in read/browse mode - I've invested much time in the Mac version building my organization. And it is too cumbersome to create a note on IOS and tag them needing to scroll down through the thousands I have to attribute a note with a tag (the Send to Evernote widget). Or in IOS 8 v by typing a few letters of the tag needed. I type Tes and see Tesla and Tesla Model S and Tesla Model 3. I'd much rather email the item I want to add to Evernote from my iphone or ipad and handle the management on the Mac Version.

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, caffeineplease said:

I'd much rather email the item I want to add to Evernote from my iphone or ipad and handle the management on the Mac Version.

Easy if you have a Mac, not so great for those with just an iPad/iPhone

I direct much content to my Inbox Notebook, and follow up on my Mac.  This seems a better process than email

I  also do tag management on my Mac.  IOS v8 doesn't allow editing tagnames 

I can't believe they didn't add nested tags in their "major update". I am very dependent on being able to drill down into my tag structure to get my work done. I have over 800 tags. I couldn't possibly remember how I named every one of them to be able to do a search. I would very much like to grab my iPad Pro and head upstairs and do my work in my recliner. However, since I am only able to drill down into my tag structures, I am stuck down the basement working on my desktop Mac. Please, please, please add nested tagging to EN IOS! 

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, cgstudio.us said:

I am very dependent on being able to drill down into my tag structure to get my work done. I have over 800 tags. I couldn't possibly remember how I named every one of them to be able to do a search.

As a work-around, you might adjust your naming convention to facilitate your tag retrieval
For example, use the same prefix on a group of tags - I use Ref-...... on all my reference tags
I find this facilitates my Mac use as well

• Like 1

I do not really want to re-name over 850 tags. The updates to the newest EN were light on function and heavy on cosmetics. I like a nice looking interface. But, I would rather be able to do my work on my iPad Pro w/o having to spend many hours re-naming all of my tags. I only have 6 parents tags at the top level. As I drill down, there are no more than 6 sub-tags under each subsequent parent tag. This can be made to look neat. Just imagine a tiny tag icon. When you click on it, instead of seeing a list of 850+ tags, you only see 6 parent tags. AS you click on the parent tags, you only see the child tags for the given parent tag. This could be made to look very pretty! I'm paying a lot of money for my membership and I can't even use it on my iPad effectively. Please add this feature!

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 12.27.31 AM.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Gammaguy said:

Hubris is going to end EVERNOTE.  Why has android had it for years but not IOS.  One day OneNote will add tags then boom your dead. 

This discussion is on hiergraphical tags not Hubris

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, cgstudio.us said:

I do not really want to re-name over 850 tags.

For me, EN is the best tool for storing my data and I'm willing to adjust my workflow

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Shaw

I added my vote to the request

Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.  Shaw

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

For me, EN is the best tool for storing my data and I'm willing to adjust my workflow

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Shaw

Perhaps Evernote could become the "reasonable man" here with one very simple tweak, rather than forcing users to adopt time-consuming workarounds. We use evernote for productivity after all.

• Level 5*
On 2017-03-05 at 0:33 PM, Dandichka said:

Perhaps Evernote could become the "reasonable man" here with one very simple tweak

The fact is, this feature is not available in iOS 
Until this is implemented, I will continue with my work-around

Also, do you have the qualifications to label this a "simple tweak"

5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The fact is, this feature is not available in iOS 
Until this is implemented, I will continue with me work-around

Also, do you have the qualifications to label this a "simple tweak"

The reality is they came out with a "major update" that made no significant productivity improvements. Since it may not be a "simple tweak", they probably should have had this feature as part of their last release. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 minutes ago, cgstudio.us said:

The reality is they came out with a "major update"

No argument - V8 was a major update

>>that made no significant productivity improvements.

>>  they probably should have had this feature as part of their last release. 

I have no idea as the the reason behind prioritizing requests and changes
I add my vote to requests I like
I don't believe its our place to tell EN what/when changes they are to implement

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Unfortunately, whining is often precisely how things get done. Developers need to know the extent to which certain things are a pain point in order to prioritize updates for users, who are paying them. 

Many  people who are desperate  enough to search the web and find these forums to try to solve their problems may not be technically savvy to "up" requests and do it the "proper" way. They just want to express their concerns. 

Sadly, there is little response. An explanation of why this is not implemented would be much appreciated or a "we're working on it, next update..." or some sort of response. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Robin Frangopoulos said:

This is a real necessity, especially considering that tags are the only option we have to create hierarchies that are deeper than one level.

fwiw    I also use a naming convention to ensure tags sort correctly

For example    Colour_Red   Colour_Blue    Colour_White

• Thanks 1

I thought providing further feedback would be helpful. As this long requested feature still hasn't been included I've cancelled my premium/plus subscription and am using a different note taking app which includes nested tags in the iOS version. Evernote has a lot of great features, though it is perhaps becoming a little clunky,  but as it prevents the tagging method of organisation being easy to use from an iOS device it isn't quite a useful to me as some of the competition.

Cheers.

Time to put the money where the mouth is. I will be downgrading from premium to free. The only 2 devices where I can find my tags are my desktop and in a limited way my iPad. So, there is no point in paying $70 a year for premium when I am only getting use out of my desktop. 

EN team: With 4,700 notes and 400 + tags, it is nearly impossible to remember the specific tag name I placed files under. Even when you search, there are tons of results to sort through. It is simply easier to drill down through topical tags to find a specific note. IF you add nested tags to IOS, I will renew my subscription gladly. 

Trapped at my desktop until I can drill down through my tags in my recliner on my iPad. 

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, cgstudio.us said:

The only 2 devices where I can find my tags are my desktop...
Trapped at my desktop until I can drill down through my tags in my recliner on my iPad. 

I'm using a Mac, but don't usually reference the tag hierarchy.5a20d5b931d0a_ScreenShot2017-11-30at20_07_10.png.b5db2f1f63381af0b39323c1df0609cd.png

When adding tags to a note, I start typing and a short list drops down 

For this reason, I prefix my tags; for example all vendor tags begin with ?Vndr-

The whole way IOS handles tags needs to be looked at. On an iPad it is downright frustrating. For one, you can't edit tags in IOS. Also, tags are hidden under an obscure 'i' icon rather than controlled using their own icon. To edit tags you have to go into settings. A total mess! PLEASE fix this. 

• Thanks 1
On 12/15/2017 at 1:58 PM, mattkronberger said:

Yes, please add nested tags in iOS.

Also, allow a view option to see the tags on the note list and when looking at a specific note. I use tags a lot and it is a pain to have to individually click the "i" to see them for each note.

It could be a tiny tag icon. When you tap it a window could drop down to reveal tags with a search field to add additional tags. This would be very handy. 

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, TelFiRe said:

wow what a f$&@&$@ joke.

And the joke is?

You're posting in the discussion for a feature request ([REQUEST] Tag Nesting / Hierarchy for the iOS Evernote !)
I consider this to be a useful feature; I use it on my Mac to organize my tags.
To indicate your support for this request using the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion.

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

And the joke is?

You're posting in the discussion for a feature request ([REQUEST] Tag Nesting / Hierarchy for the iOS Evernote !)
To indicate your support for this request using the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion.

The joke is that this app still doesn’t have this basic feature. Evernote has taken its dominance for granted.

• Level 5*

On 2/28/2018 at 12:34 AM, TelFiRe said:

The joke is that this app still doesn’t have this basic feature.

You'll find Evernote has many features differ depending on the platform
The basics are covered on the IOS platform, but it's not the full set of features
The desktop platforms (Win/Mac) have the most complete set of features; including tag hierarchy 

Guest +1 for this

I'm fed up with EN. Going to migrate to Bear.

The lack of Hierarchy in Notebooks and the lack of Hierarchy in tags on iOS makes Evernote useless for me. Also the lack of for instance Markdown support...

The Lack of this feature for iOS can almost be considered a severe BUG.
It totally breaks the work flow used by many users, and advocated in enoumerous articles and post about how to use Evernote.

Adding to this, this request has been around from many users since years, by a lot of payed users and there until the moment no single reply from Evernote. 

Please consider the priority of this.

They just completely re-did the UI on iOS, and still failed to include this feature. I believe it's safe to say at this point that Evernote is a sinking ship and alternatives should be sought ASAP.

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, Guest FiRE said:

I believe it's safe to say at this point that Evernote is a sinking ship and alternatives should be sought ASAP.

Can you provide more details on this information about Evernote.
You're posting in a discussion about one of many features not supported on the IOS platform, one of the minor platforms supported by Evernote.

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Can you provide more details on this information about Evernote.
You're posting in a discussion about one of many features not supported on the IOS platform, one of the minor platforms supported by Evernote.

Lol, iOS is a minor platform? If Evernote sees it that way no wonder they are dying. Mobile is the only platform that matters and iOS is the biggest mobile platform.

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Guest FiRE said:

Mobile is the only platform that matters

imho  Windows and Macs are the major Evernote platforms; the other platforms are supplemental.  This corresponds to my device usage; Mac as primary and iPad as secondary.

I'd still like more details on Evernote's future; you posted sinking ship and dying but I'm not seeing other reports of this.

This isn’t really a matter of opinion. Most users don’t even download the desktop apps. They are supplemental. That said, if this feature was missing from desktop it would be every bit as ridiculous. There is no reason for one of the earliest and most successful iOS apps, which came out on iOS first, and built its success almost exclusively on the iOS app store, to not have feature parity. You’re being absurd.

I'm not so sure of their dedication to the desktop apps either. Their latest desktop update consisted of an updated logo and a new mission statement. The last iOS update was similar. They "improved" the looks of the app by making you have to dig through a ton of menus to find the function you need and added no new capability. It's the old "lipstick on a pig" approach. The only time I ever use EN on iOS is if I know the name of the note. Otherwise, with over 7000 notes, it is impossible to find it.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, cgstudio.us said:

The only time I ever use EN on iOS is if I know the name of the note. Otherwise, with over 7000 notes, it is impossible to find it.

My default search is update sequence; my current notes are always at the top of the list.
I also have my notes organized by using the tag feature.

Evernote also has an extensive search feature; more details at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828

man...DTLow is everywhere in this forum. Look at other sections of this forum, you can see him fending off any criticism of Evernote, even on the platforms that do not concern him. It’s really annoying having him around spouting the same thing over and over again while we are trying to provide feedbacks for the company. Moderator please do something.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

man...DTLow is everywhere in this forum.

Yes I am very active on the forums
My interest is helping users with issues, and also learning how to better use the product
I'm not into "Boohoo, Evernote's so bad" posts.  You are posting in a request discussion; to indicate support use the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion.

Well...People are asking for a basic feature that should have been included in the app in the first place. Instead of staying quiet and let people voice their discontents, you suggest workarounds and worst of all you made it sounds like we users are asking too much from the company. Look we are not asking for impossibility here. Not all of us have access to our laptops or desktops 24/7 and some of us actually use the mobile version only, we are just asking for a feature that allows us to directly organise our tags directly from the mobile app. So, can you step aside and let us complain? Please!

• Level 5*
On 9/3/2018 at 9:50 AM, Guest Guest said:

you suggest workarounds

I also encourage users indicate their support using the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion.  This feature request is currently at 68 votes (including my vote)
We need the numbers to get Evernote's priority for this feature.

>>So, can you step aside and let us complain? Please!

No one is stopping you from complaining.  
You've only posted a couple of times, but you've done noting but complain.

>>Moderator please do something.

I've flagged your post for the administrators.  They should be in contact about your issue.

vote added.

Being a product manager for a platform that runs on web and mobile, I don't understand the decision of EN to differ the features on IOS and MAC.

The workflow and features should be similar.

So please : make tag management equal on mobile and also support tag hierarchy (nested tags)

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, vandevyver said:

I don't understand the decision of EN to differ the features on IOS and MAC.

We will always see differences between platforms, but Evernote is working on a "common editor" project .  There are features that can't be implemented because of OS limitations; but we're also seeing IOS becoming more powerful over time.

You can indicate your support for this request using voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, TelFiRe said:

Game over. Evernote is dead.

What makes you think this?  
Tag hierarchy is a minor feature and IOS is a minor platform for Evernote.

Evernote is very much alive for me (Mac and IOS)