Feature request: image board

I find myself dumping more and more images into Evernote. Beyond receipts, document scans, and annotations, I'm clipping things from the web and other places that are inspirational images for projects. Is this a common use case? If so, I'm not ecstatic about how Evernote handles images. It's not much better than dumping images into a word document...

So my feature request is a gallery like feature where you can see all your image notes in a Pinterest-like fashion. Then, be able to sort them using tag filters and other search parameters. Basically, I'm looking for an Adobe Bridge for Evernote.

Is this a ridiculous request? I would just use pinterest, but it lacks the ability to add context to your pins. By context, I mean text notes, annotations, links, locations, etc... That, and I'm just trying to consolidate my digital life as much as possible.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If / when you find such a service please tell us about it.  Meantime,  what you see with Evernote is pretty much what you get.  Web pages and pictures are clipped into the database,  and can be (kinda) previewed in Snippet view,  as well as through third party apps like CardDesk or Mohiomap.  I clip the sort of stuff you described,  but that's all for my own notes and information,  so style and layout aren't a major issue.  If you're looking for web page layout,  then this isn't the app you;re looking for.  If you need to capture random information for possible future use,  then you're in the right place...

Card View is the closest you're going to get in a gallery for a long time within Evernote... Also, presentation mode has a "Gallery Mode" you can flip through - both on desktop and mobile. Not the most ideal, though. Flickr, Google+ images (Picasa) and Dropbox are much better options for the time being... possibly even Trello if you want to add info.

*Shudders* If Evernote became Pinterest I'd blow a fit. And probably leave.

Why? I don't think EN is in danger of "becoming" Pinterest. They're completely different products. I think Pinterest's ability to collect and sort images with ease is pretty nice. I'm just not in love with the social aspects, which are (at this time) primarily aimed at people other than myself.

We are already dumping images into EN, I just want a way to create collections of them in a more visual way than a list or thumbnail "card" view.

Card View is the closest you're going to get in a gallery for a long time within Evernote... Also, presentation mode has a "Gallery Mode" you can flip through - both on desktop and mobile. Not the most ideal, though. Flickr, Google+ images (Picasa) and Dropbox are much better options for the time being... possibly even Trello if you want to add info.

I hear you. I don't think any of those would be any better at this than EN, however.

Realmac software makes a product called Ember that is close to what I'm looking for, however it's Mac only and they recently killed the iOS app. To speak nothing of having a cloud component or the ability to link with other services (Evernote).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also looking for a feature like this. As a filmmaker I use Evernote mainly to collect ideas and inspirational stuff.

I'd like to add image galleries as an attachment to notes.

Well, if you want an image gallery as "an attachment to notes" we already have that in presentation mode... click/ tap on an image and flip through all of the images present in a note. Works beautifully on tablets. Or perhaps I didn't get what you were saying...

Archived