Evernote constantly forgets my password

Garridon

I just started using Evernote for Windows. Seems to generally work fine, but every day or so it mysteriously forgets my password and pops up a "Note Synchronization for Account: myaccount" window saying I need to provide my password. Until I re-enter my password, it will not sync. This is obviously hugely annoying and if not fixed I'll be forced to go back to Simplenote.

Activity log says "access was revoked" but I did _not_ revoke access in the web UI or in a mobile client. In the web UI it shows access granted to the name of this windows desktop, it definitely isn't revoked.

I'm running 5.8.3.6507 on windows 8.1 64bit.

Any ideas?

Activity log:

18:13:58 [9932] 0% Retrieving list of linked notebook changes from the server18:13:58 [9932] 0% Authentication token expired18:13:59 [9720] Client synchronization finished, status: failed18:13:59 [9720] * error: Access was revoked18:13:59 [9720] * 1 item received18:13:59 [9720] * elapsed time: 1s20:15:33 [10064] Received status code 200 when accessing URL https://update.evernote.com/public/ENWin5/ReleaseNotes_5.8.3.6507_en-us.html20:21:26 [7456] Registered session count: 1, last session: 2015/02/06 20:15:00
  • Level 5*

Hi.  When you log in,  do you see a 'remember my details' option on the password window?  Can't remember the wording,  but that should get you a cookie which will keep you logged in until you specifically log out again.  If you don't see that,  or it doesn't work,  then I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  I run under Windows 8 (and 8.1) but when I wake my system up I remain logged in regardless of how many days since I last used my user ID..

Just happened again. It only seems to happen when I use the windows client at work and then come home and the dialog asking me to enter my password is there waiting for me. SO ANNOYING!

Reinstalling now. If no luck, I'm done with Evernote.

I haven't tried either. But the thing is, if I need to worry about that stuff that's a dealbreaker too. I can leave simplenote open all the time, it's always ready for use, always syncing in the background with no fussiness. It just works. I need Evernote to do the same.

OK, so I'm not ready to give up Evernote (too valuable a tool), but this is a frustrating issue.  I use Evernote on my phone, tablet, and two PC's (both with Windows app, not web).  Oncve or twice a day, I see this Note Synchronization for Account pop up asking for my password.  I hadn't thought to check the Activity Log, but sure enough, it is getting revoked.  This is in the Windows app so there is no sign in per use.  It keeps you logged in 100% of the time.  Here is a snippet of my log.

12:28:59 [9532] 0% Authentication token expired
12:28:59 [10384] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
12:28:59 [10384] * error: Access was revoked
12:28:59 [10384] * elapsed time: 0s

The same thing happened at 10:18.

Anyone else with thoughts on this?
  • Level 5*

OK, so I'm not ready to give up Evernote (too valuable a tool), but this is a frustrating issue.  I use Evernote on my phone, tablet, and two PC's (both with Windows app, not web).  Oncve or twice a day, I see this Note Synchronization for Account pop up asking for my password.  I hadn't thought to check the Activity Log, but sure enough, it is getting revoked.  This is in the Windows app so there is no sign in per use.  It keeps you logged in 100% of the time.  Here is a snippet of my log.

12:28:59 [9532] 0% Authentication token expired
12:28:59 [10384] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
12:28:59 [10384] * error: Access was revoked
12:28:59 [10384] * elapsed time: 0s

The same thing happened at 10:18.

Anyone else with thoughts on this?

Is your Evernote open on both PCs at the same time?  Or on tablet and PC?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@gbarry - I'm still getting this problem. Evernote app asks me for a l/p at least twice a day. two-factor is enabled, so it's double the hassle to re-authenticate. 

I had a previous version of evernote installed for a few days, no problems. Then when I upgraded to the current version, I started getting these frequent login prompts. 

from the evernote log: 

"error: This application's access was revoked via the Evernote web service. Please re-enter your password" 

Evernote for Windows 5.8.8

OS: Windows 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 [i don't know what Windows 6.1 is, but I think I'm running Windows 7 on parallels 10 running on a 2015 macbook air].

Archived