Business cards not editable from desktop

ludachrispeed

Idea

I scanned a few business cards using Evernote's business card scanner (in Android). Then I opened up those business card notes on my desktop, hoping to fine-tune some of the information in them.

Instead I got an error: "Sorry, you can only edit the title of this note because it was created in another app."

Why can't I edit business card entries from multiple devices? That defeats half the purpose!

4 replies to this idea

@jefito thanks for the link! Very informative.

I assume business cards are read-only because they attempt to modify the phone's contact information, which is device-dependent. I just want to throw it out there that I, personally, would find the business card feature much more useful if it focused on working with Google Contacts and remained editable everywhere.

The problem I am having is that once the Evernote App has "decided" on the fields it doesn't seem possible to add any more. So on some of the business cards I've scanned the app does not create an address field even though there's an address on the business card. So it's then impossible to "help" the app by typing in the address because the field is not available. And I cannot add a field in the Web-Browser app, nor can I edit it on my mac with Evernote. Any suggestions?

Archived