Evernote has dull features - ******* bad

Its not worth comparing to anyother software other than its basic feature online availability.

It has become popular, I dont know why,, "maybe people are lazy to find other softs."

Just checkout CherryTree - freeware where evernote which could not handle "inserting a table properly" stands dumb before it.

• Level 5*

Its not worth comparing to anyother software other than its basic feature online availability.

It has become popular, I dont know why,, "maybe people are lazy to find other softs."

Just checkout CherryTree - freeware where evernote which could not handle "inserting a table properly" stands dumb before it.

So let's do a little bit of high-level comparison:

* CherryTree appears to be available on Linux and Windows, but not on Mac, iOS, Android, and the web. Big drawback right there.

* CherryTree appears to offer only a hierarchical organizational scheme (can't tell whether it offers tags/categories, but I don't think so, based on a CherryTree forum post), but if it's hierarchy only, that's pretty limited

* Looks like each instance of CherryTree runs on a single database/file, and there's no sharing across devices unless you keep your file in CherryTree. Even so, simultaneous access seems to be problematic (per posts on the forum)

* CherryTree does have regex searching, which is nice

* CherryTree does appear to support in-note anchors, which is nice

* CherryTree doesn't appear to play well with other programs (e.g. a copy operation of an image inside CherryTree isn't available to Windows programs, per a forum post)

(If I got any of these wrong, I apologize -- documentation seems a little skimpy)

The above feature are pretty important to many Evernote users, including myself; it's not clear that CherryTree would satisfy their needs. I don't see it as any kind of serious replacement for the way that I use Evernote,

Archived