Notes disappeared after upgrading Windows Program - Evernote for Windows 5.8.3.6507 GA

mrodoper

• Level 5*

Not heard that one before - have you tried logging out and back in and restarting your computer?

If you have 'lost' a view of some notes,  you could try renaming the database folder and rebuilding it from the server,  though that will take a little while if you have lots of notes.

More information available if you need it...

Logging off an in didnt help.

Interestingly, on the left side, notebook explorer, I see that there are right number of notes inside the folders/projects. When I click on them, on the right side it says, "sorry, no notes to display".

How do you "rename the database folder and rebuild it from the server,"?

• Level 5*

If you have unsynced notes and/ or local notebooks,  Export the notes/ notebooks to ENEX  files (one per notebook) and keep that file/ those files safe.

Then File > Exit Evernote and go to the database folder in Explorer:  C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Evernote\Evernote\Databases

Rename this to Databases.old

Restart Evernote

Wait for folder to be rebuilt (can take a while if you have lots of notes)

Import any previously exported notes

Carry on...

I have discovered this issue too. I updated Evernote a couple of days ago. Overnight all my notes created after 15 January 2015 have disappeared. They are still on the web client though, and Android app.

(as I write the web view is no longer available - for maintenance). Is this a common problem?

What gazumped suggested seems to work for me - the resyncing is still going on. Thanks...

However, this is time consuming.

Apparently, the new build introduced a bug. Hopefully Evernote resolves it in the next drop.

Archived