feature request

Secure notes:

Password box prior to reading the note (this should incorporate encryption though, using the password)

and / or

Encrypted text

I currently go to infoencrypt.com sometimes and encrypt a note's text so that even if someone got access to my notes they couldn't read encrypted text (ie. sensitive data)

Evernote could easily implement similar functions with a button to encrypt (and decrypt) selected text.  The encryption doesnt have to be crazy good.  just enough so that a normal person going through my notes couldn't read everything (if i encrypt or password block a note, they are stuck at that point).  

Better support for dates and notes that surround them

think of a diary, currently i can use a grid, or a line to separate dates and their respective entries but that's kinda lame, and finding an old date usually requires alot of scrolling (probably could search but my date name convention wasn't the best and so searching doesnt work to good).   A date button for printing out the current time and date would be cool (and would be configurable [ie. "MMM d yyyy hh:mm a"] and consistent)

but a better approach is having a calender type note (a calender view that you can put notes on (should also include above feature to be secured if needed))

or something like a note within a note to better section the data, because placing a date text string at the top is not correct, its not really the "contents" of a note, it is the "title" of the note.  but creating a note a day also doesnt work

Collaboration Warning

I currently have a Shared Notebook to share notes with another User.  However syncing is not always perfect.  Regardless there should be a way for me to lock a note, edit the note, release the lock.  And if another user clicks to edit a locked note, they are warned and can only view.  There can of course be a way to release the lock by all users, since notes don't really need permissions.  Maybe a way to query the user with the lock and say "hay, if you don't respond in 15mins the lock is auto released".

control-S

The default operation for shortcut ctrl-S should be to sync.  There is no save and that is the closest thing to save.

really love the software guys....   Thanks!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure i can post a new topic and wanna request some features as well.

All related to TAGs, since they are more flexible than the notes themselves 

1- Mass tagging ; the ability to tag more than note at once

2-Parent tags to show siblings notes 

3-Reminders for tags; this will help having evernote as an activity reminder tool with all associated content  - example: reminder for tag (BUY), in one tap all notes with stuff to buy are accessible from my mobile notification center instead of having to add new items to the reminding buy note

I'm a OneNote user since I cant remember when, rarely used evernote even though I have a premium account. I'm considering full immigration recently, flexible tags will help   

• Level 5*

I'm not sure i can post a new topic and wanna request some features as well.

All related to TAGs, since they are more flexible than the notes themselves 

1- Mass tagging ; the ability to tag more than note at once

2-Parent tags to show siblings notes 

3-Reminders for tags; this will help having evernote as an activity reminder tool with all associated content  - example: reminder for tag (BUY), in one tap all notes with stuff to buy are accessible from my mobile notification center instead of having to add new items to the reminding buy note

I'm a OneNote user since I cant remember when, rarely used evernote even though I have a premium account. I'm considering full immigration recently, flexible tags will help   

Yes, you may post a new topic (new users are limited on the number of first-day posts, I think, to 5 -- it's an anti-spam thing)

Yes, you may request new features.

It's best to mention which Evernote client (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, web, etc.) you are referring to when requesting new features, and doing so in the appropriate subforum, and under the Product Feedback section of that forum.

In some of the Evernote clients (e.g. WIndows and the old web client) you can already tag multiple notes all at once

The display of notes of tag children is much discussed on the forum. You're welcome to seek those discussions out.

Archived