Insert date and time

It would useful to me (and probably to others) to have a date/time button you could click on that would insert the date and time in the note.  This is useful for me when creating the note (so I don't have to click on info) and when adding additional notes inside a note.  

I am suggesting just a button that you would click on and it would insert something like:

February 2, 2015  11:32 am

• Level 5*

Hi.  I guess it would be useful,  but there are different time formats,  and time stamps with dates,  and hhmmss,  and 24-hour time and...  I use Phrase Express to give me hot keys to stamp the date/ time formats I use,  one of which is yyyymmdd hhmm.  I'd far rather the guys concentrated on fixing sync and several other issues for the moment,  and avoid cluttering the UX with too many menus and options...

• Level 5*

In the Windows client, the Ctrl+; (Control key + semicolon) inserts a date/time string. The format used is the Short date and Short time formats that you can configure in Control Panel.

• Level 5*

If you want a hot key to insert your own custom date and time format into a note try a text expander/capture utility, maybe something like PhaseExpress, to create it.  You'll get it a whole lot quicker than waiting for it to be developed.  Not that much effort if it is important to you.

Excuse me but I added a topic that is exactly this.

Often I find myself wanting to quickly add the current date at the top or margin of a note so that i can time stamp it and see the chronological progression of the notes that can pile up within a single note.

Would be great to be able to quickly time stamp a note or even make it a part of other 'stamps' so select from a drop down like Evernote stamp of importance and even tags in the note like paragraph breaks.

• Level 5*

Excuse me but I added a topic that is exactly this.

Often I find myself wanting to quickly add the current date at the top or margin of a note so that i can time stamp it and see the chronological progression of the notes that can pile up within a single note.

Would be great to be able to quickly time stamp a note or even make it a part of other 'stamps' so select from a drop down like Evernote stamp of importance and even tags in the note like paragraph breaks.

Have you tried Ctrl-: or Shift-Alt-D to insert date and time text?  Looks like this - 02/05/2015 06:43 PM.

Archived