Work chats notifications via email!

Salma Tarek

Idea

I have an iPhone 4 and I'm still using iOS 6 because of several problems with the updated software. The old evernote app doesn't support work chats and so I don't get notifications when someone posts something in a work chat. Is there anyway I could get a notification via email or sms or something when someone replies to my chat?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

OK - why don't you get the alerts?  Even if you didn't have an account,  Evernote would still email you to advise you to get an account so you could chat,  so using an older version of the app shouldn't disqualify you.  Has anyone tried to send you chats yet?  Were they using your correct email address?

Gazumped is correct in that using an old version of the app should not be preventing you from receiving email notifications.  

When you received the invite email, did you click and go through the flow? This may be why you aren't getting any notifications because we need you to click on the invitation and then login with your account to prove that the invitation went to the right person.   If you cannot upgrade your mobile client, I would recommend you click on the invite email from your desktop so that you can claim the invitation with your account.  

You should be getting emails when anyone sends you a chat regardless if it is a invitation to join Evernote to chat or someone sending a reply to your chat.  We default to email when you do not have a client to which we can send in-app notifications.  

We are also making a change to the emails such that if someone taps Reply in email, it will go to your email account instead of "no-reply@evernote.com".  

Archived