cloud123

My work chat does not work why?

I reset my phone yesterday and re-installed the evernote app in my android phone. 

I suddenly found that the work chat does not work at all. I cannot receive any message by work chat in my phone. But I can receive them by using desktop version and web version. 

I am using 6.3.3.1 version. 

May I have any support from here?

Thanks,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  Check that you can sync correctly and that everything else seems to be working.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  Check that you can sync correctly and that everything else seems to be working.

Thanks, I've tried that couple of times but it does not work.

Is there any other way I can try?

I reset my phone yesterday and re-installed the evernote app in my android phone. 

I suddenly found that the work chat does not work at all. I cannot receive any message by work chat in my phone. But I can receive them by using desktop version and web version. 

Thanks,

Hi cloud,

I'm converting this to a support ticket so I can help you directly. You'll have an email from me in just a few minutes.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Hi cloud,

I'm converting this to a support ticket so I can help you directly. You'll have an email from me in just a few minutes.

Hi Jason,

Thanks, I just sent the log file by gmail. 

Are you receiving the emails inviting you to chat?

Hi Gazumped,

Sorry, I did not find your email. Thanks your kindly help.

• Like 1

I am having issue with chat on evernote. I can see my friends chat but i cant message them as the message which i tried to send is shown as failed..Please help me out

Hello @varsha,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. Is this happening when you are connected to WiFi or is this only on cellular service when you receive this error?

Hi! I have the same problem as Varsha, it doesn't matter if I'm on Wi-Fi or cellular data , it's the same. it says: message cannot be sent 

Hey @Meli,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. As a new user to Evernote, we are still setting up the Work Chat system for you and it should be available in a few days. If the problem persists after then, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @Matt W. - is this a thing?  That new users need setting up after initial registration for Work Chat?  Is it normally a few days?

• Like 1

Hey @gazumped,

When using Work Chat, it does take a few days to get set up for new users. This is a precaution, as we have had instances in the past of people register with Evernote to spam out emails using Work Chat. This alleviates that issue.

• Like 1

This has become quite a headache for me and my students. As far as I know, no notice was given of this change. Again. When you work with hundreds of people, even a minor change can have a ripple effect, so I would like to urge Evernote (again) not to fiddle with stuff, and to give is a heads-up when you do.

• Like 2

Hello @Sha ananda,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. The option to perform a Work Chat from your Android device will be available within a few days of creating the account. If it doesn't allow you to send a message through Work Chat by now, please let me know.

• Like 1

Hello @Matt W. I have been a user for a while and have never had problems with work chat until recently. I can receive messages through work chat, however i am unable to respond. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this?

Sorry i have the same issue, can see my work chat but i cant send messages to it, i reinstalled the application today. How long until i can send messages?

16 hours ago, Juan Ruiz said:

Sorry i have the same issue, can see my work chat but i cant send messages to it, i reinstalled the application today. How long until i can send messages?

Hi.  Best we know is -

On 06/01/2017 at 3:43 AM, Matt W. said:

The option to perform a Work Chat from your Android device will be available within a few days of creating the account.

We're not Evernote as such here,  just a (mostly) user-supported forum;  if you're a paying subscriber it's a good idea to contact support directly at https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new (premium subscribers can chat from the same link) - or anyone can message them on Twitter via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Hi. I'm a user for a while and have never had problems with work chat until recently. I can receive messages through work chat, however i am unable to respond. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this?

On 02/04/2017 at 5:45 PM, cpibanez1416@gmail.com said:

Hi. I'm a user for a while and have never had problems with work chat until recently. I can receive messages through work chat, however i am unable to respond. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this?

Hi.  Have you tried restarting the device? Is it syncing normally? - See the Support links above...

There have been more than a few days since registering, however, I receive a message and can't respond, “message cannot be sent”

Hi.  How are you trying to respond to the message,  and can you confirm this is on an Android device you're receiving it?

On 15/10/2017 at 10:51 AM, ntutusau@xtec.cat said:

I'm new on Evernote, and every message I try to send apear as a fail. How can I solve it?

Hi. 

1 hour ago, shannonvenable said:

My work chat won't allow me to respond to a message. Please Help!

Hi.  Can you confirm your OS,  device and Evernote version?  How did you attempt to respond to the message - by email or within the chat process;  and what happens when you try?  Error messages?  Crashes?