Copy/paste from website and automatically create hyperlink? Script to do this?

tavor

• Level 5*

There may be a way of doing this in EN Windows that I'm not aware of.

Current process:

When I'm browsing the web and I see some text I want to include in an existing note, I'll select the text and copy it. Then move to the EN note and paste it. I also want the website address, so I'll go back to the browser, copy the url, then back to EN, select the text and create a hyperlink.

What I'd like:

Select text and copy. Paste into EN and have the text hyperlinked in the same step.

Is there a way to do that in EN?

If not, does anyone have an AutoHotKey script to do this?

To add a little complexity (and usefulness), in the case of forum posts, instead of the url to the page, I'd like the url to the post itself.

• Level 5*

I'm too lazy to have a detailed process - in that situation all I do is clip the selection / page into a new note and then either link the two with a heading or tag,  or merge the two notes to put 'em together.  Same applies for comments on clips - easier to make them in a new note and merge.

• Level 5*

I'm too lazy to have a detailed process - in that situation all I do is clip the selection / page into a new note and then either link the two with a heading or tag,  or merge the two notes to put 'em together.  Same applies for comments on clips - easier to make them in a new note and merge.

To me, that's an even longer process.   :o

I shudder at the amount of formatting I'd have to do in EN using that process if I want a bulleted list of short text selections with hyperlinks.

• Level 5*

@tavor,

Don't know how important the actual text is to you, but a workaround is to use clipper in screenshot mode.  The link to the page is placed in the url field of note information for the clip.  Won't work on the forum though....  FWIW.

EDIT:  My bad, missed the paste into current note in the OP so this is not an appropriate solution.  The URL is preserved if you merge notes, but I'm guessing not the path you want to follow.

Archived