Table of contents update

xerus

• 7 months later...

Similar question as xerus...

I have attempted to use the TOC function, and have done so successfully on the first iteration.  However, I now want to add to it or perhaps direct one of the linked TOC items to a different note.  I assumed that I could simply grab the Note Link from the new document and insert it in the TOC (for the one I wished to replace), but for some reason, the newly-inserted link disappears.  Very reproducible. 

Also, (perhaps a different topic) I'd like to reorder the notes I'd like to insert into a TOC.  It seems that I have to generate the TOC and then edit the TOC to get it in the proper order.  By default, it seems that the notes I grab have to be in either the order of creation or alphabetical order. My point of reference is Adobe Acrobat which permits me to take multiple documents, shuffle them around into a preferred order, and then generate a combined pdf.  Is there a way that I can select the specific notes that I want to go into a TOC, organize those selected, and then generate the TOC?

Finally, when I construct a TOC, do all the notes have to be adjoining, such as #1, #2, #3, #4?  Or can I select #1, #3, #6, etc.?

Thanks.

Rick

Lets go last to first

Finally, when I construct a TOC, do all the notes have to be adjoining, such as #1, #2, #3, #4?  Or can I select #1, #3, #6, etc.?

I'm using windows

from your order list hold the ALT key down and left click with mouse over the each snippet,card or list (which ever way it is viewing) that you want

then right click "copy note Links"

then paste into your new table of contents

Also, (perhaps a different topic) I'd like to reorder the notes I'd like to insert into a TOC.

you can reorder your notes as follows see attached image

post-268118-0-68102200-1441332120_thumb.

• 1 month later...

To NoterDaily... Thanks.  Mystery solved.  I'm on a Mac.  I had to use the "command " key to pluck out the desired notes.  Your using the ALT key on your PC made my light bulb come on. 

Thanks.

• 9 months later...

Archived