Can I pay for Evernote Premium with PayPal?

Go to solution Solved by Nancy M,

Hello,

is it possible to PAY a Premium-Account (deutsch: Premium-Konto)

with the PayPal - Service? Because i have not a Credit Card :-(

BTW: is it normal, that the Forum have Ask me for a new Member Name?

I´ve changed it :-/

Have that effects for the Evernote account?

• Level 5*

I don't believe that PayPal is an option,  but submit a CS support request to check by choosing "payment issue" in the first dropdown after logging into logging in to this link > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

It's not usual for the Forum to ask for a new user name,  and the Forum uses your Evernote ID as a reference,  so logging in as above will check if there's a problem with that too...

• Like 2

For the forum name part of your question, we ask for a "display name" for users who do not want to use their Evernote username (if they have one, sometimes it's just an email). We certainly do not want people to use their emails. It does not affect your Evernote account. 

• Like 2
  • Solution

We do have Paypal as a payment option, as long as Paypal supports sending money in your country's native currency. For example, you can't make Paypal payments in Korean Won, so we don't show the Paypal option to Korean customers. You can see the Paypal currency list here: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/sell/mc/mc_send-outside

The Paypal payment option is only available if you are paying via the website (using a web browser, like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) and not when you are paying via one of the Evernote clients (e.g. if you are logged in to your Evernote Mac or Evernote Android app).

• Like 3

The Paypal payment option is only available if you are paying via the website (using a web browser, like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) and not when you are paying via one of the Evernote clients (e.g. if you are logged in to your Evernote Mac or Evernote Android app).

Nancy, this is *really*useful, key information that people shouldn't need to post or contact Support about.

A lot of people have been complaining about trying to upgrade with PayPal lately. PayPal's support says take it up with Evernote. Evernote says submit a Support Ticket...then crickets ensue while the user gets more and more frustrated and angry.

May I strongly suggest EN created a descriptive instruction article, with screenshots of exactly how each payment option works? And pin copies at this, as well as any other user forums hosted by EN, and makes it super obvious at the Evernote.com website?

I've said this before, but I"ll say it again here in an effort to get my point across...

I am one of what I strongly suspect is a very small sub-set of users with a lot of free time on my (out?) hands. Were I still mobile enough to have anything resembling a normal life, I would have given up on Evernote long ago. Why?

Because, by it's own accounts, the company keeps getting bigger and bigger, yet the quality of user experience appears to be in continual decline. It truly does come across, as noted by many, many users here at the forum, that over the last year, it truly does come across as though Evernote doesn't care at all about their users. Not even the Premium or Business ones. It feels like the company is still relying the "We're just a small start-up with terribly limited resourses; please do be patient," excuse.

But here's the thing, Evernote is not a small start-up anymore. Sure, it's resources are finite, but we aren't talking about a few guys in a basement or cheap rental office. Plus, there's a difference between patience and arrogance... Guess which way the company is coming across?

To be very clear, Nancy, I am not targetting you or any EN staff. Nor am I saying that EN does not care about it's users. But it's certainly a growing perception.

Buggy, premature release, features yanked with any notice, an apparently overwhelmed support department that can't live up to the advertised response time, scalabilty issues that have caused some of your longest standing users (and *free* PR champs) to seek other solutions for their data need, sync issues and the ever elusive quest to easily locate basic knowledge.

Yes, the Knowledge Base has seen much improvement in recent months. Yes the new forum changes and the crackdown on spam are great. But from a new to this type of software and/or user forums, locating basic info - such as how to make an advertised as acceptable payment - is oddly difficult to find. Just this morning, I learned from a post Lykoz left in the Productivity Bundle thread, that one had to use the Points system to ensure that if you purchase the package that's how you ensure it's applied to your existing EN account. Now I find out that to use PayPal, I can't do what seems to be the most intuitive option...go through my Windows or Android app and click on Upgrade. These are the types of things that would send many people - myself included in other circumstances - scampering away to find a company that appeared to actually want my business.

As I said, I personally, have the luxury of time to spare. Most people don't. If even I want to give up in despair at trying to find basic, yet oh so important info, how do you suppose others are feeling?

Please Evernote CEOs, focus less on selling yourself on being the next big thing in virtual work stations, and more on retaining the very customers who made you so sucessful. Live up to your own advertised promises.

Okay, rant over.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just using Paypal to pay for a Premium update and a Moleskine notebook, but I gave up immediatly  when I realized that the applied change rate between USD and EURO was 1 to 1. I really don't appreciate this policy, as the change is nowadays about 1.14 USD for 1 EUR.

OK, I agree this is a very little problem, for a single customer, but I don't agree that in this way you have a wrong, undue, huge amount of $$$ from your european customers.

Just my two cents... that are 2.28 cents in USD...

• Level 5*

I was just using Paypal to pay for a Premium update and a Moleskine notebook, but I gave up immediatly  when I realized that the applied change rate between USD and EURO was 1 to 1. I really don't appreciate this policy, as the change is nowadays about 1.14 USD for 1 EUR.

OK, I agree this is a very little problem, for a single customer, but I don't agree that in this way you have a wrong, undue, huge amount of $$$ from your european customers.

Hi.  The exchange rate is applied by Paypal,  not Evernote.  Maybe a different method of payment will have a more reasonable option?

Hi.  The exchange rate is applied by Paypal,  not Evernote.  Maybe a different method of payment will have a more reasonable option?

Not at all, Sir... when I am in the Store page, I see the option to subscribe for Premium Upgrade, and the prices are 40 $ for a year and 5 $ for a month. OK, I click the link, and go to the purchase page, still the prices are in USD; but when I choose Paypal as method of payment, and I go to the checkout, wow, the Paypal login page reports the same prices, but in EUR, BEFORE the login in Paypal site. I use Paypal very often, is my favorite method of payment, and the application of change rates by Paypal is always AFTER the login, not before. Now, the international financial games are causing the loss of value of Euro, and maybe soon the rate will be 1.14 Euro for 1 USD, but I wonder if then the change in the checkout page will still be 1 to 1...

In the meantime, I got one year of Premium Membership, as a gift for the purchase of a Samsung Galaxy Tablet PRO... paid via Paypal, at the correct change... :)

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

According to Evernote PayPal is a checkout option in all countries except : Belarus, Brazil, Chile, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Nigeria, Peru, Romania, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, and Ukraine.  If you live outside these regions, and aren't able to see PayPal as a payment option, you  can maybe make it appear -
 * go to Evernote Account Settings (web page) and view Account Summary
 * Next to Account Level select Manage Subscription
 * From the options shown, select Free
 * Now select the account level you need and PayPal should be an option...

• 1 year later...
On 18-12-2016 at 6:20 PM, gazumped said:

According to Evernote PayPal is a checkout option in all countries except : Belarus, Brazil, Chile, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Nigeria, Peru, Romania, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, and Ukraine.  If you live outside these regions, and aren't able to see PayPal as a payment option, you  can maybe make it appear -
 * go to Evernote Account Settings (web page) and view Account Summary
 * Next to Account Level select Manage Subscription
 * From the options shown, select Free
 * Now select the account level you need and PayPal should be an option...

does that mean I have to first downgrade to basic, before upgrading to premium? 
because I am paying for plus with paypal now, but can't upgrade without credit card.. 
if I do downgrade like it seems what you are saying, how big is the chance I will need a credit card still?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 12/04/2018 at 9:54 PM, ChibiFelicia said:

does that mean I have to first downgrade to basic, before upgrading to premium? 
because I am paying for plus with paypal now, but can't upgrade without credit card.. 
if I do downgrade like it seems what you are saying, how big is the chance I will need a credit card still?

Hi.  If you are currently paying for Plus membership which expires soon,  selecting the downgrade option will only operate at the end of your current subscription.  However since that comment Evernote have suspended Plus as an account option except to existing plus subscribers

I don't know whether you would see the 'Plus' upgrade option if you selected Basic first.  The only risk-free option is for you to contact Evernote customer service.  Check this link - https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action - and use the 'Payment Issues' option if you can.  If you succeed in getting a ticket number,  come back and post it here and we can flag it to a Forum Admin for a quick response.

If that link doesn't work for you,  the only other option is via Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

• 3 years later...
On 1/31/2015 at 1:23 AM, Nancy M said:

We do have Paypal as a payment option, as long as Paypal supports sending money in your country's native currency. For example, you can't make Paypal payments in Korean Won, so we don't show the Paypal option to Korean customers. You can see the Paypal currency list here: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/sell/mc/mc_send-outside

I think I will have to look for an alternative. Our Country(INDIA) Rules have changed and I know I had to cancel my subscription like it was said in the help section and I have to renew it on google play store. But there there is no 40% discount.
It is almost double the price. I had paid 850 rupees per year last time now on the web it is 1199. But on Playstore there is only a monthly option and it is comes to 1999 rupees per year.
Now In Paypal I can make payment in Dollars. But I don't see any option of Paypal in my account.
Maybe you should create a paypal payment link that will only bill in dollars.
I know this because I also bill directly on my card rather than using Paypal conversion which gives me a bad exchange rate.

So please do it quickly before I find an alternative that will import all my notes from evernote easily then I will be gone forever
I really don't have time for all this.

I have used Paypal for my business for many years. Early on, I got a Paypal debit card that pulls money directly from my Paypal account. I use it anywhere that a CC is accepted and Paypal is not, and sometimes even then as I feel it gives me PP account another layer of protection. 

• Like 1