Hey everyone! I just got Evernote today, and I've tried looking for an answer to my problem for over an hour to no avail. So here goes. I have an iPhone 6, and on Evernote, I have a note that contains a PDF form. When I access the note and then fill out the form, I can't find a way to save my changes. I have tried so many ways that I can't even think of what to do. Is there anyway to have a blank PDF form on Evernote, and with the Evernote app be able to fill out the form and save the changes? Am I just wasting my time or am I COMPLETELY missing something? Thanks for the help!

• Level 5*

EN iOS (iPhone) does NOT support making changes to PDF attachments (or any attachments) and saving the changes in the same Note.

Possible workarounds:

1. On your iPhone, open the PDF from EN into another app that can handle PDF forms, and then save the PDF back to EN in a new Note.
  2. Use EN Win or EN Mac, and open the PDF in a PDF app (like Acrobat), and enter the form.  When you Save in the PDF App, it will update the PDF attachment in Evernote.
  • Like 1
  • 2 years later...

JMichaelTX is right, Mur666der, the functionality you are looking for is available on the Mac and Windows desktops, but not in iOS. At least, external apps can't edit an evernote attachment in iOS and save it back to the same note. There are however a couple of workarounds. 

1. Use Evernote's own (limited) annotation tools - which will save back to the note. 

2. Save the edited attachment to a new note. (probably your best option)

Depending on the reasons you need to use this PDF, another alternative might be to copy the form content into a Note, which you can then use as a template. 

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

As far as I know, the issue is that you are not able to make changes to PDF attachments or save them in the same note. It's because IOS doesn't support this function. You can try opening the PDF file in another app that can handle PDF forms. Then just save the PDF back to EN in a new note, that's all... I hope that could help. If you still have troubles, give this https://pdfliner.com/how-to/how-to-file-1099-misc reliable source a try. I always use it when I'm having trouble. Good luck, buddy!