Idea

Hi there.  Having searched the internet for a solution to my request, it's clear that this would be a really simple, well used feature.  A simple button that inserts a time / date stamp would be fantastic, and encourage me to use evernote more.  Loads are asking for it.  PLEASE??!  Thank you.

• Like 3

13 replies to this idea

10:10pm A time stamp in iOS would be most appreciated and I think of use to anyone who might want to use Evernote as a "note per diem" Journal or to tracks daily details. 

• Like 2

To all of your discussion and points made....

I am baffled as to why Evernote has not put something as so simple and so necessary as a date and time stamp.

It's just so stupid that they don't have it and I would like to know from Evernote why they dont.

• Like 1

A million years ago on my 3 different Palm PDAs and Treo, a simple @ts, @dts or @ds inserted the desired stamp anywhere I was typing(any there was a whole list of shorthand shortcuts).  Please, can we have something similar?

• Like 1

I have several notes that are regularly being added to so I would LOVE THIS FEATURE!

but....

...please allow us to modify the format in settings: yyyy-mm-dd, dd-mm-yyyy, dd month yyyy, or for the Americans - the unintuitive month-day-year format. 

• Like 1

Excellent, thank you! Can't wait to try it out, although I can't yet find it in my iPhone?

It will be a really useful feature though - let's hope it works on iPhone & iPad. 

Thanks again - it feels good to have influenced the powers that be!p

...and now I've discovered they're for external keyboards only.  What's the point of that? Quick notations when out and about are what I need this feature for - who carries an external keyboard with them? Very disappointed again now.  One Note is looking even more appealing again. With the recent upgrades there, I'm trying to work out why I'm still using Evernote at the moment.

...why can't it just be a button, like the others? Why does it have to be a keyboard shorcut?

What's needed is a button or built-in keyboard action that duplicates the function of Ctrl-: in Evernote for Windows.