Techniques for archiving old content

I've been wondering how you guys go about it. I guess we've all been through this - some very old and seemingly irrelevant articles suddenly popping up and clogging our searches. What can we do? I certainly don't want to get to rid of the articles altogether. I just want to make their impact on search relevance less strong.  I wish that Evernote still kept the archiving feature that it had in some early versions.

• Level 5*

Yeah, this is a fun one.  If I go existential on myself EN is in and of itself an archive, so when do I archive the archive.  Ugh.    :)   

I personally don't have any archive actions, I simply adjust the search if need be.  Could be that my use case for what I put in EN lends itself to less noise in the search results.  Anyway, if a note or notes appear that are definitely no longer of use I delete them at that point, serendipitous for sure.  But no archiving process with 28K notes.

Strategies I've seen include tagging, specific notebooks/stacks, or secondary accounts, all used to isolate the archived notes.  So much depends upon your use case and how you want to access your archived notes.  Good luck!

• Level 5*

I'm lazy.  I don't tend to cull my stuff unless something very old and irrelevant turns up in a search.  Totally useless things get binned.  Anything that looks like it's part of my personal or business history gets saved to an Archive notebook for a while,  and I'll probably export that to an ENEX file at some point to clear the decks.  That's all just part of the ongoing 'curation' work involved in keeping a database running.  I'd hate to schedule a set time each week to go find something to delete or archive though..  total waste of slumping time...

Archived